What could this noise be?

Every night, there is a noise coming from the apartment above that wakes me up. It is a higher pitched whirring noise, like a vaccuum or some other small motor. It lasts maybe a minute or so. I also tend to hear it around 9 pm and I think, once during the day, but I am rarely home then.

its getting really frustrating, because even having headphones on doesn't block it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Paper shreader

• It does sound a bit like that. Dunno why they'd be shredding at 3-4 am though. Hmmm...

• I think he's an electrician?

• He's building a robot is my guess

What Guys Said 3

• I had that same problem and it was coming from the pipe I believe when they ran the shower or flush the toilet it would make a knocking noise.

• Maybe it's just some sort of machine?

• I think so. Not only am I frustrared by sleeplessness, but in curious what it could be, too.

• It's hard to say. Maybe there's a timer on there to make it on on at around that time every day?

• maybe it's one of those robot vacuum cleaners that turn on at set times.

What Girls Said 0