On a scale of 1-10, how much do you tolerate pain?

1- being able to tolerate pain
10- being a big cry baby ;)

By pain, I mean pain in general, both physically and emotionally.

So this is pretty much how I feel when I'm on physical pain:

on a scale of 1-10, how much do you tolerate pain?

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg, I'm a crybaby... 😳🙈🙉🙊 LOL!
    But really, I'm not physically strong at all. So, I cry easily whenever I get cuts (cutting vegetables), or get injured.
    And I don't know, I can't hold back tears when someone says hurtful, mean things. Wish I could be a bit stronger... So, yes I'm a 10 :/

What Guys Said 38

• I have to break everything down
    (A) Once off physical pain I am about a1/2 just do it - Get it over with
    img.memecdn.com/Must-Resist-Pain_o_98714.jpg
    (B) Persistent physical pain I become a baby about 8/9
    i1.wp.com/cdn.magic1059.com.au/images/man_flu.jpg
    (C) Once off emotional pain I am a 1 try to ignore it
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...8f6e9a7e7a.jpg
    (D) Constantly doing C means I let it build up so I have to do a 10 and allow myself a crap day or two
    www.seecrazy.com/.../...uin-picture-of-the-day.jpg
    But then I bounce back to a 1
    encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images

• 1-2

I've lived most of my life in pain. I most definitely feel it. I just learn to put up with it. Usually my pain is not too severe, but at times it can be.

It's not about the level of pain though. It's about the ongoing nature of it. It's about it flaring up and all I can think is that it gets really fucking old after a while. Like give me a fucking break already! Like I said it's not usually severe, but it's there all the god damned time. Or at least it was for most of my life. In recent years it's let up somewhat, but still pretty common.

• That moment when people COMPLETELY misread the scale LOL
    1 is the highest pain tolerance
    10 is the cry-baby setting LOL

Oh man , look at the dummies.

Anyway... I'll give myself a...4.
    I can stand pain , I don't enjoy it but if good comes out of it I can stand it okjay.

• Okay, before I answer don't you think there is a difference between physical pain and emotional/mental pain? both are not same? only thing that's same is pain but there is a difference between the two. Physical strength has limits but mental strength has no limits, hence what I am trying to say is physically a person may not be able to tolerate pain but mentally that same person can be very strong and can be almost invulnerable, meaning emotionally/mentally.

Anyways to answer your question, physically I would rate myself as 5 out of 10 and mentally I would say 8 out of 10.

• It depends on the type, emotional is about a 1, physical probably a 1 or a 2 depending (I'm use to being cut open and blunt force, burns would probably be a 3) though to be fair this is relative, if the wors thing to happen to you is stubbing your toe then obviousley your 1 and my 1 are going to be significantley diffrent.

• I'd say pretty high probably anywhere from a 8 to a 10, I've been kicked square in the balls by a 200lbs black belt without wearing a cup and went on to fight two more intense sparring matches. And whenever I fight it usually ends up with my and his/her blood on the floor lmao.

• @cl_517 by the way which pain tolerance is highest for you like which way do you have the scale is 1 or 10 the highest?

• Dummy! You didn't read my scale xD

• Haha I truly didn't pay attention this did I

Ok reverse it then to a 1-3 pain tolerance then -_-

• Physical pain outside pain 9/10
    Internal pain like stomach aches, or tooth pain 1/10 (I'm a bitch when it comes to that)
    Mental pain 6/10

• 1 physical broke my collar bone once had to walk like 20 mins then waited like 4 hrs then another like 5 hr at the hospital be for even seeing anyone most recent painful event was smashing the tip of my fingers in the garage door then i had to reach down and open it up again to get them out they were throbbing for like hours with pain but eh metal i would say a 1 or 2 i deal with adversity well

• Depends on the type and location of the pain, it can range from 3-10, usually most of the time it hoovers around 4-5.

• Physical pain - easy 10 ^_^
    Many brandings, scarification, piercings and broken bones under my belt lol

Mental pain - 3 maybe? I hold shit together on the outside... then have a little meltdown lol

• Physical - 2

Emotional - between 3 and 4(if I were a younger teen, then I'd probably rate a little higher but the internet sorta desensitized me with all of their negativity, lol)

• I'll say about a 5

• Probably like 2-3, I shrug most things off but I'm not exactly a special forces officer trained in withstanding torture :P

• Physical? 2 or 3
    Emotional? 8 or 9

• Definitely a 1. I had a canine ripped out without anything to numb my mouth. My dentist was actually really surprised at how high a pain tolerance I had. There have been times when I've gouged my leg and I just shook it off. I was working, then, and just shook it off a little and kept working until my manager nearly flipped out because they thought it was too serious. Lol

• As far as emotional pain, also a 1. I'm usually in emotional pain. I've just learned to live with it.

• I used to really love having my ex girlfriend kick me in the balls multiple times through out the day. So i guess i am a 0. Even better than a 1 ;)

• Oh right, and I am very strong at hiding my emotion pains on the outside, but inside i am dying...

• *sigh* ... just *sigh* :p

• About 7 out of 10.

• I'm probably about a 6

• i enjoy pain meaning i tolerate it well

• 9. Im proud of my ability to take pain. Makes me last longer in fights.

• I can tolerate pain very well except when it comes to burns

• Physical? 3. Mental? 7.

• Physically 7.
    Emotionally 8.

• Emotionally; prolly a 3.

Physically; prolly a 5.

• Me, I can take physical pain easily. I haven't cried, (physically) since 3rd grade. Emotionally, I don't cry easily, either. Last time that was 3 years ago, my grandma died :(. Someone would definitely have to hole punch my hand to get me to cry, and even then I might not cry, but just yell. Nah, I'd probably cry.

I'd say a 7-8

• 1-2 in most situations I can tolerate a lot of pain and I have sometimes

• I think i can resist physical pain pretty well. I crashed a few times when cycling on high speed and my knee and arm had deep wounds, but luckily didn't cry. This was 4 years ago.
    However, i absolutely can't resist emotional pain. When someone is angry at me it hurts me a lot, i won't cry though, but i just get really hurt on the inside, especially when someone points out bad things of me. But it's getting slightly better lately.

• 8 is my limit

I wouldn't complain I would just suffer quietly until I pass 8

• Ummm... i'd say a 7..! I have always been really tough

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 29

• Physically maybe a 2 or a 3, the pain on a 1 is too much for me. Emotionally probably a 5, it hurts, but I won't cry. I'd just write stuffs that hurts me emotionally on a paper and watch it burn to ashes.

• well I've always been able to tolerate physical pain. I have been bashed, thrown out of trees, bucked off by horses and almost broken my tale bone, stabbed by knees twice (accident I was 10) dropped a sharp knife on my foot, I self harm, crashed my dirtbike, rolled the quad bike, dislocated my finger, grazed the whole left side of my body coming of the slider, I have been kicked by a bull, trampled on by a cow. so that's enough of how I have been hurt now its time to say my pain tolerance and I would think around a 9. Emotionally that's a different story that hurts way worse then physical so maybe a 7.5.

• Lol, that'd be a solid 9 😢 xD

• 1 I deal with both very well

• I don't know babe. I think physically I can tolerate pain on a 3 but emotionally hurts me more. So a 7 or 8 😔

• Physically - 11 (even a kindergartener can beat me, my bones can't protect me 😂 )
    Emotionally - around 3 and 4.

• physically? a 3. but emotionally.. like a 27

• emotionally- 3 i am well guarded and hide a lot my family hates this about me
    physically- 5 i was 12 when i shattered my foot and thought i sprained it. but when i tried to walk on it my foot turned inwards and i fell to the ground then i realized it was at broken, walked into my house by myself, and then took an hour of convincing my mom to take me to the hospital. i can walk perfectly on it though its difficult to run though

• it would be a 2

• I'd say I'm like a 7
    I'm pretty tolerant with physical and emotional pain probably emotional pain more than physical.

• Probably a 3 but Im not sure 😕

• I cry and act like a baby basically if it's something small like to paper cuts lol.. But if it's too painful I shut up and just tolerate it..

• depends on whats happing. if its a pet or family member dying [8]

if its getting hit with a dang rock in the dang eye because your friends!!! [3]

• Like a 9 for emotional pain and a 3 for physical pain. Unless the physical pain is inside, then it is more like an 8.

• Physical pain I can handle pretty well, like a 7. Emotionally I get hurt easily, like a 3.

• I think im a 9 im a crybaby because im paranoid that i will end up dying if it doesn't go away plus i like it when i get spoiled by my bae when he sees im in pain❤️ Hehe

• I think 1.5 for physical and maybe a 4.5 for emotional.

• I'm close to a one.

• ahh how do you do it? I'm such a cry baby :(

• Had to learn to live with it or I would have never lived this long. Bad motorcycle accident nearly end my life took years to recover.

• I'm at a 4 atm.

• Hmm maybe about a 5

• Probably less than a one. I can tolerate it really well, given how much pain I've been through.

• 1 for both. I'm a whiner lol

• Physical probably a 4
    Mental probably a 5
    So like a 4.5

• I can't handle cuts, falling etc... So like 1/10 but when it comes to needle holy cow I freak out! It's not the pain but the fear leading up to it. So about 10/10 for that.

And I hide my feelings ( only sadness tho ) when I'm with people. I don't want to seem like a puss. And not that long ago I was a baby about it like not getting invited to go places but after so long I've kinda got over that and now I'm like fuck you haters!!! You wish you could be me bitch!

• 7/10

I usually cry and whine about the pain almost all day

• 9.
    I'mma cry baby.

• I have quite a high physical pain barrier. I can tolerate physical pain. So i'll say 9. Emotional pain i'd say 6 . I fight at the MMA club, so i have trained to block out physical pain

• ranges from 5-8 haha

(a poll would have been cool haha)

• I tolerate well.