How can I become dumb?

Im sick of being fcking intelligent it’s NOT a gift it is a curse. Im tired of it always analyzing everything trying to find the why in everything I hate it. Im tired of always being depressed, alone, and obsessing over stuff you love and having no one else care about it. Do you know how much it hurts when you’re talking about something that you enjoy and to have the other person look at you with a blank face and not care one bit of what you said? I can never relate to no one. I even joined the science club in my sophomore year of college and there is still no one. I have never had a girlfriend and I will probably never will. its better that way i am too broken. Why would any girl pick me? They don’t even know that I exist. i have done nothing with girls. I have only hugged 2 girls that are not family my whole life and trust me I am not lying and they were only because of birth days or holidays. That is pathetic. I don’t even know too much about feelings my brain tries to rationalize everything. That’s the problem my brain. If I had a different brain I wouldn’t be like this. I have tried many things to be happy and such but still nothing. I even went to a therapists to get better. It didn’t work. I don’t go to therapy no more cause my insurance was taken away almost 2 years ago when I turned 19 and I haven’t gone back now that I have new insurance. I just wish I can relate to people maybe if I had more average IQ maybe I can have friends or just maybe even a girlfriend. If i destroy some brain cells i have been hitting my head a couple of times just maybe. Sorry i sound stupid. sorry i dont usually sound so like this but in reality I don’t brag or show how smart I am or even anything about intelligence. Im just tired of everything maybe one day I will say screw life.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not too intelligent to make friends. There are a tonne of individuals that have you more than beat, in the intelligence department. Make friends with them. They're not hard to find, they span the Internet.

• sorry i had a little anxiety attack when i wrote this stuff. now im better but over the internet and in person are not the same i want to make friends more in person then over the internet and that is hard to find.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you were really as intelligent as you seem to think you are, you would be able to come up with a better solution than making yourself dumber.

For the record I'm not trying to say I'm really smart, I'm not. However I've been on this site for over a year and am usually able to tell the difference between the users who are truly really intelligent and those who just think they're smart because they do good in school. You strike me as more of the latter.

Point being your supposed intelligence isn't what's holding you back from dating. It's likely other things. There are plenty of smart people who are able to have romantic relationships without struggle.

• i know i mostly wrote this in my little anxiety moment. Now that im calm im like what the hell did i do and yes i have figured out partially why im holding back from dating. At first i thought it was because Im a very private person. That wasn’t enough for me so I did more inner searching and well maybe it’s because im too scared to get hurt or maybe im too scared that I won’t be good enough to make the girl happy

• Maybe try seeing a psychologist

• I've been considering it. i try to do everything by myself and thats why im still like this

What Girls Said 3

• Don't be that way. Knowledge is important to have. I understand how you feel, smarts aren't valued like they used to be. But I promise, you'll find someone who values your mind.

• If you are as smart as you say you could find the answer for all your questions.
    I'm not pretending to be rude, it's just like... You are the only one who can change the way YOU think.

• There is a so called "dimension" to life called Emotional Intelligence as opposed to IQ. Get to know this side of life. Learn it. But not the way you learn other things. Because it is a new dimension, and at your stage of development, it will not make ANY sense to you. Definitely leave things to your therapist.
    For someone like you, the key is to remove yourself from the world of theory. You must only "do" with the least amount of "planning/thinking" necessary.
    Start with a very tiny step. For example, save your therapist's phone number on your cell phone if you have one. If you don't, write it on a piece of paper and leave it next to your telephone.
    I had the same problem. I am now 35. I have destroyed my life. You have time now, but you will lose your chances at a happy life the older you get. Life is not a joke. I subconsciously kept leaving off therapy as soon as it started to get somewhere and close to digging up the root of my anxiety. I regret it now.
    I'm sure you can follow through with this and do a good job of it the same way you do with your homework and projects.
    I guaranty once you get the hang of the elements of this new dimension, you will find a world of interesting exercises and challenges, just like building with an exciting new set of building blocks, or finding a new equation or formula. It's a new world very few people have explored. Most don't even know it exists. But those who do and are using it are reaping great benefits. Once you get there too, you will be surprised at it's great power.
    Two things: 1 make sure you try "MINDFULNESS" meditation, not just any kind of meditation. 2 change your therapist a hundred times if you need to. Your gut instinct will tell you when.
    In the end it's actually a pretty simple situation, and intelligent people usually get the hang of it if they put only a fraction of their mind to it.
    Good luck.
    Keep me posted if you need help.

What Guys Said 4

• Well, the solution here isn't getting dumber, it's redirecting your intelligency to a different approach. The good thing of being intelligent is that you can pretend being dumb. Use your power of analysing to see which "dumber" approach you can get and then stop caring about what it'll happen, just think according to what happens.

You can use it even with girls, see all the probabilities you have with them and take initiative to act! Pretend to be dumb, but continue being smart inside! Your life can completely change.

• I can smack the shit out of you if you want and get you proper punch drunk.

• Woah, you're not going become dumb by writing long paragraphs like this, but I just got one tip "smoke weed every day"

• Well you don't know how to use a paragraph so you're off to a good start.