Are these signs of social- anxiety disorder?

I've always been shy and quiet... But lately, it's becoming bad... I went to my boyfriend parents for dinner the other day, and we hung out for a bit but he noticed how shy And quiet i was, and he knows I'm normally pretty quiet but he especially pointed it out today. which I know I shouldn't be... And, It's not the first time I've met his patents , so I have no reason to by shy. I'm starting to think thid may be a social- anxiety disorder:/ Even with relatives over, I'll just go and stay in my room to completely avoid other relatives and same goes for school, I specifically won't raise my hand in class in fear of getting the wrong answer. Opinions/ help please? It would be appreciated!

Most Helpful Guy

• You might be socially avoidant, butI'm not qualified to give you a diagnosis unfortunately.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was the same way as a teenager: didn't raise my hand in class. Even now I don't really enjoy being surrounded by a lot of people. I don't think it's social anxiety at all, it's just that some people are more introverted than others.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You could have social anxiety... Or you could just be a teenager. Most teenagers are pretty anti-social and apathetic at times.

If you're really worried, get your GP to send you to a psychologist or a psychiatrist.

• I am a teenager😂 and thanks for the advice lol