Computer Addiction is ruining my life and I need help?

I am 22 years old guy and since I was small I spend a lot of time on computer, mainly gaming a bit, latter I needed to use it a bit for a classes when the computers became more widely available and here I am now where I can spend a lot of time, usually days after days from 8 o'clock in the morning to like 2 - 3 o'clock in the night then again I wake up and do the same thing over and over again and time passes through my life like never happened. I'm from an IT background but still unemployed and looking for work which makes it even worse because as IT person I will need to use computer usually everyday when I find a job. However I know I can't apply any computer software and so on to limit my time because who I am and I know it wouldn't work. It's become so habitual and ingrained in my mind that I literally cannot stop using computer, and when I try to not go on it, the temptation becomes so strong and I usually end up spending this time on the computer which I shouldn't really. I have hobbies and dreams which like any normal human wants to achieve or the things to do but since I turn on the computer and touch the mouse and keyboard the computer becomes my whole world and primary object in my mind so to say golden candle and other things doesn't matter to the point or last moment where I really need to do them like clean the house etc. I have even made a schedule what to do everyday and for how long before like 2 months ago (One of my activities is to go play basketball but since I go and play it feels forced as in this time when I'm away from computer for a half of the day or so my brain is craving for use of a computer) it worked well because my will power was strong but the addiction came back again and it feels like I'm forcing myself (like having chains on me) to stop using a computer and sometimes I really think I miss a lot in life because I'm still single, young and want to do so many things but I can't because I'm a introverted person which can stay in home

for months and usually try to avoid any social events/socialising like we all introverts do. I even suspect that I might got a little bit of social anxiety from this as well. Also I want to stop using a computer so much because I used to have astigmatism and doctor said that it should stop now as I have grow but my vision is quiet bad and I wear glasses but well, they ain't help if I will spent so much time on a computer. I think at this point I should say bay bay to my IT career.
he main reason why I use computer for that long hours is because technology became so advanced and there's always something to do on it and while using the computer somewhere at the back of my mind I have that thing where I think that I can watch every possible videos which fascinates me and are interesting on YouTube etc, read every interesting article on the planet, listen to every song and so on which really is illogical, unachievable and sounds stupid anyway, if I would do that 1 life is

What Girls Said 1

• I have the same problem currently. I am obsessed with my laptop... I WANT TO BREAK FREEEE 😦

• yep, this freaking GAG doesn't allow to post messages larger than 2k and I couldn't write all of my 4k+ question (-_- ). I dunno if that helped you but did you tried the schedule thing as I had tried?

What Guys Said 0