Can a sensitive person change?

As in can a sensitive person change over time to become more numb on a sensitive level?
And why does this happen?

Most Helpful Guy

• Life has different ways that it shapes people... if you start experiencing harsher things in life while gaining experience and maturity, it's very possible to lose your sensitive side.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I'm a good example of that.. :)

• I think so am I ~ I'm just wondering why I changed like that..

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, you just gotta "train" the sensitive person to do none sensitive things, or not think sensitive thoughts

• Of course they can. People can change albeit if rarely. As for why it happens well that's a matter of circumstance - meaning whats happened in their life up to whatever point they are at.

• When you hit a sensitive person over and over again, his senses go numb.
    It's like, if i hit your arm over and over again for one thousand times, you wouldn't care so much as you used to.

• It can definitely happen. I used to be way too sensitive.

• People never change.

What Girls Said 2

• you can just get used to talking to people more, so you won't take a few people's opinions seriously.

• Yeah it's happened to me.