Do you believe there is a soul after death?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I do not believe in supernatural ideas.

I have an understanding of how blood traveling through the brain triggers receptors that make us think and when that blood stops flowing, those receptors no longer receive signals and we no longer exist.

Most Helpful Guy

• According to the Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy nothing can be Created nor Destroyed only Changed. The only exception to this is when Laws are spoken into existence by whatever exists outside the universe. Consciousness is barely understood but it probably follows the same Laws as the rest of the universe considering it exists within the universe. Your consciousness will either continue to exist outside the body or it will change into a different type of energy or whatever it is made of. So I think it will return to a greater consciousness which may or may not be God the same way your body returns to a greater body, the earth.

• You're welcome. You may also like to know that the Bible says your spirit rests in the earth until judgment day, and the Old Testament speaks of two different beings which are also afterlives, Sheol (the pit/grave) and Abaddon (destruction, the lake of fire).

What Girls Said 6

What Guys Said 11

• Yes I do.

I believe, that after the current host body expires
    our spirit leaves it behind, and seeks a new host, to continue
    it's journey towards complete understanding.

This is also (according to me) why some individuals
    seem to know more, or have an easier time learning.

They somehow recall fragments of their past lives.

Oh well, to some people this probably sounds like
    the ramblings of a madman. ^.~

• Nope, the body is a biochemical process. The mind and self is an illusion of the brain. In the end you really are just a flesh machine.

• Yep I sure do believe in a soul , I even believe in the fact that you move on to a new life after death.

• I believe that there's a soul since birth, not just after death.

• Well if i biologically cease to exist then my bloodflow to my brain stops and my personality vanishes in the process... so no ^^

• No I don't

• Yes, I believe there is.

• There is no soul at all.

• I don't believe there are souls ever

• I died once, I know there is something beyond life, and the Bible explained what happened to me. I know that only Jesus can grant me access to God.

• Thanks. May god bless you.

• Thank you. May He protect you and give you the desires of your heart.

• there is a soul since birth. its not magically created after death.

• That's true.

• just because their brain hasn't fully formed yet, it doesn't mean they have no conscience and they don't interact and receive signals from the environment, feel and experience etc... . the soul pre-exists from the brain. the brain is done forming at around the end of the first year where the kid starts talking, walking etc.

• there is development till the late teens, or for a life as neuronic branches always form to be technically correct, but the basic formation ends about at that time.