Muslims do you really not celebrate your birthday?

Have just heard from a friend that he doesn't celebrate his birthday because of his religion. I found that really hard to believe, and a bit sad too. Is that what you guys really do?

0|0
6|6

Most Helpful Guy

• Muslims also aren't allowed to listen to music but still do it. Most Muslims celebrate their birthdays

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have 5 Muslim friends. They always celebrate their birthdays

0|0
    0|0
    • I thought so too. But because he told me now that he doesn't for religious reasons I googled it and they're not really supposed to apparently. Eek... sad

• Show All
    • @Zell0is0my0name Hehe! I don't see anything wrong with celebrating your special day with loved ones... so, I'm happy most of the Muslims celebrate their birthday :)

• I know!! It's really sad if u wouldn't I think...

What Guys Said 5

• The Quraan and Sunnah indicates that celebrating birthdays is a kind of bid’ah or innovation in religion, which is by no basis pure. It is not permitted to accept invitations to birthday celebrations, because this involves supporting and encouraging bid’ah.

Islam doesn't technically celebrate anything. Only EiD cause it glorifies only Allah who doesn't have any form :)

0|0
    0|0
  • To be quite honest I haven't really. I mean people have given me money or a card on my birthday but I've never really celebrated it. No parties...

It's important to note that in Islam there are certain rules that scholars disagree on. So some Muslims might celebrate birthdays while others don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • here are a lot of things muslims shouldn't do besides celebrate their birthday.

0|0
    0|0
  • I celebrate it.

0|0
    0|0
  • he's very wrong. some Muslims drinking alcohol. Of course, in Turkey. My country

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• All my Muslim friends do celebrate their birthdays. I actually find this kind of weird because I was born and grew up in a Muslim country.. I've never know of people that didn't celebrate their birthdays, I thought only Jehovahs Witnesses doesn't celebrate anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Jehovah's Witnesses also do not celebrate birthdays or anything else, to my knowledge.

1|0
    0|0
  • My best friend is Muslim and she's always celebrated her birthday. I never heard that before. I thought only Jehovahs Witnesses didn't celebrate birthdays.

0|0
    0|0
  • that;s not true

0|0
    0|0
  • of course they celebrate their birthday but, with their ways

0|0
    0|0