Why is life full of sarcasm and sarcastic people?

Why can't people in public just be more honest and upfront instead of putting on a fake smile when they're really not happy with you or don't like you? I feel like people who behave this way are really shitty.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not really what sarcasm is, my love. What you're describing is a two-faced person.

• I dunno it just feels shitty.

• Well thanks!

• That was sarcasm wasn't it? And you helped me understand sarcasm better.

What Girls Said 4

• Putting on a fake smile is not sarcasm...

Sarcasm is a type of humour. It's when I intentionally say something that is the opposite of what I really mean and expect the listener to pick up on that.

Putting on a fake smile is just putting on a fake smile, and people have plenty of different reasons why they would do that. Acting civilly around people you don't actually like is just part of being an adult and trying to maintain a pleasant and respectful atmosphere. Smiling when you're actually sad is a way to avoid people asking what's wrong when you don't want to talk about it, and getting through the day.. etc.

• I'm not sure if you fully understand what sarcasm is.

• Because I don't know

• Im really sarcastic, because that's just how I am.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm sarcastic as fuck, except I don't put on a fake smile. I usually use my sarcasm and wit in order to make the person figure out how dumb they are for themselves. You'd be surprised how often it works.

• I sensed sarcasm from my boss when I suddenly quit my job cause of the stress. I could tell he was faking it when he said it was okay and faking a smile.

• (That's not sarcasm) ^^

• 0|1
  • because its fun to be an asshole every once in a while

• But I hate it when people play those games. Some situations it's funny but most of the time it's not.

• Because life always has been and always will be one big friggin' facade. Do you want everyone to go around moping all day about their failures and their financial circumstances, or do you want some snark? If you want the former, go live in Coventry.

• Because sarcasm is fun and everyone enjoys it. What does that have to do, with being a phoney?

• But sarcasm is so fake. I actually hate it.