Would you hate the person your gf/bf cheated on you with?

Guys: if your girlfriend slept with another guy would you hate that guy?

Girls: if your boyfriend slept with another girl would you hate that girl?

• Yes. I would hate that person and hate my gf/bf
  • Yes. I would hate that person but not hate my gf/bf
  • No. I would only hate my gf/bf
  • No. I wouldn't hate either of them

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends.

If the person knew she was in a relationship, yes.

If they didn't know, then no, I wouldn't.

I've read a couple of answers here (mostly from guys) saying that it isn't THEIR fault that the girl wants to cheat on her boyfriend, so magically, it's perfectly fine to sleep with the girl knowing she has a boyfriend and that their hands are magically absolved of any guilt.

Yes, you're right, it ISN'T their fault she chose to cheat. But it IS your fault for being a scumbag and willingly taking part in it and pretending like you are some innocent bystander.

Any guy who thinks this way, I seriously want to cave their face in with my fist. Fucking douchebag chump.

Same with any girl who thinks this way. I hate it when people try to deny self-accountability.

Most Helpful Girl

• It honestly depends on the nature of the situation. There are some people who are very much aware when someone has a significant other yet still willingly become a catalyst to that significant other's heartache for the sake of their own ego, desires, or sexual gratification. That is the type of situation which can plant hate into someone's heart. Although the "cheatee" didn't necessarily "owe" me (or said person in question) any loyalty, they still failed to be a decent human being by choosing to put someone in harm's way emotionally and mentally. So while I would try not to let hate into my heart. . . I can't guarantee that I wouldn't utilize my various resources to make them both regret the second they ever laid eyes on each other. :)

What Guys Said 12

• First off, I'd hate the girlfriend most likely regardless of the situation that may occur. She cheated? Boom. Goodbye. I'm leaving.

As for the other guy, I'd hate them if they knew that the person had a girlfriend. I've seen situations where the girlfriend actually cheats with another person as they act like they are single. They basically lie to the dude. So, if the guy didn't know he was actually cheating, I wouldn't hate him for it. He got played too. I'd only have anger towards my girlfriend.

If they both knew however, I'd be furious at both of them. They both made the decision and they both went for it. It takes two to cheat.

• entirely depends.

if i knew the guy, and he KNEW she was taken (by me) then yes i'd be pissed as hell.
    If it was a random dude who was told she was taken, i'd still be pissed on him.
    If she lied to a random dude about not being single, then i'd not be mad at him asuming he agree in hindsight it was wrong to sleep with her.

As for her; no excuses.

• We're animals. We fuck. How could I blame someone for doing what they're naturally programmed to do? Just, "Whatever. Do you still want to stay together or go with him? And, also, I get to fuck someone, now."

Of course, I will never have the issue of a betrayal of trust, because any relationship I get into will be an open one.

• I did not hate the men that my first wife cheated with. I did not even hate her. I simply divorced her and removed myself and my son from that toxic environment.

Hating on others is a waste of my energy and time.

• I've thought about many of these scenarios. For me, it boils down to why a girl would cheat, and why a guy would participate in the cheating.

Why a guy would participate? Because guys like pussy, that simple. We can get into them being a scum bag for it and what not, but anybody's moral boundaries can be changed in any given scenario

Especially if it involves something you desire. Despite how wrong it would be, if you want it bad enough, you will at least entertain the possibility.

So apply that to how bad guys already want pussy.

As for the girl. Girls usually don't cheat for the reasons guys do. Girls will most likely cheat if they feel they aren't getting enough attention, love, or just feel unappreciated on some way.

I mean I'd still most likely leave her, but I wouldn't vilify her. I mean you could always just leave the person if you're unsatisfied, but that's much easier said than done. Because there's still some positive connection with that person

• I never understood this whole "be angry at the person they cheated with". Why? If I had a girlfriend and she cheated on me with some guy, I'd offer the dude a beer. If it weren't for him, I'd have to spend even more time with a cheating partner and that would be time wasted. I could only hate my partner but not their lover.

• I hate both but I wouldn't seek revenge. I'd just cut ties with both of them.

• I'd be upset that she didn't tell me from the start that she wanted to be with other men.
    I would've been totally fine with it if she was ok with me being with other women.
    I'd eventually forgive her if she was ok with me being with other women as well.

• I will not hate anyone cause hates a strong word , when a girl cheats on me i just move on I'm not creating drama over her or the guy she cheated on me with hey we live and learn ,

• If he didn't know that I was dating her, then no I wouldn't hate him.

If he DID know... I wouldn't hate him, but I wouldn't exactly miss him if he were to die a horribly painful death.

• But you wouldn't be mad at your gf?

• Oh no, I would still be livid at her regardless. But since the question was about the other person, I only answered in regards to them.

• No I asked about both

• Only if they knew.

• I'd hate them both.

What Girls Said 8

• Depends if the person he/she cheated with knew us and knew we were in a relationship. If yes, I would go nuts on them. If not, well.. my boyfriend will be the one getting beat up.

• Yes, I would hate them both. Takes two to tango.

• I've been there before and getting angry didn't solve anything nor was it good for my health. Whether the person knows you are together or not in the end I was more mad at myself for wasting my energy hating someone that I didn't know or had no respect for my relationship. It really and truly is only your boyfriend or gf's fault so why be mad at them, let them have each other.

• I would not hate anyone..

• even though its not their fault i just know id be to angry to not hate everyone involved especially if i was with that person for years, that is a lot of my years wasted.

• Only if the girl knew he was with me; it's possible he wouldn't tell her, right?

• But you wouldn't hate your bf?

• Well.. It would depend on the situation really. I'd be hurt. I don't know if having loved him I'd find it very easy to hate him. I'd mostly just be hurt.

• Hate both and destroy both reputations

• Hate both.