Do you believe that God has somebody picked out for you?

I had a crush on one of my friends from church and found out yesterday that he has a girlfriend. A girl who looked exactly like him came to church with him and he kept hugging her and kissing her. At first I thought that might be his sister but then somebody asked about the relationship between these two and he said "no we are not sister and brother." Do you hug and kiss your cousins? There was another guy that I also liked but he got married in the summer as well in a top secret relationship that nobody ever had any clue existed. I had a dream a couple of months ago where I think God told me he does not care who I marry as long as this person is not uncaring or emotionally destructive but I believe that God will give me somebody who matches what I want even if he isn't adamant that it is one person as opposed to another.

Most Helpful Girl

• We're given free agency to create our own paths. If we ask him about a particular guy, he may show us if this person is good enough for us. For example, I had been talking to this guy and asked God to help me determine if this is a man I should continue with. Within that week, I started having negative feelings about the guy. The more I ignored those feelings, the worse it got. I believe that when called upon, he will help, but he doesn't set things up a certain way. There can be more than one person in the world who would be good for us.

What Guys Said 23

• lol no.
    God won't be making things THAT easy lol
    There's hoops to jump , ropes to climb and tires to flip.
    God REALLY... REALLY wants to see you work for it and sometimes nothing will come of it but at least you tried you can say at the end of the day.

• No, I do not believe God has anyone picked out for, i'm thinking he has better things to do than worry about who I am going to marry. Some of us are lucky enough to come across some person out of multitudes that we are compatible with, others are not so lucky.

That being said your destiny is to some extent in your own hands. If you risk nothing, you gain nothing.

• This is the thing about religion. Many people use it to justify beliefs that have nothing to do with God or religion. I mean no offense but can you give me a scripture or did God literally come down and tell you that "I have someone for you?" I don't think it's likely. Also, you said you had a dream but where in the Bible does it say that dreams must mean anything? That's right, no where. The God of the Bible does not seem to be a micro manager. He says very little about certain topics but people claim he gave you a step by step guide. It doesn't work like that. He gave you free will, you should know who is right for you spiritually, intellectually and emotionally.

• Nah I believe if we really want something we need to go after it. There's probably loads of people we can be compatible with in this world. It would be kind of said if soul mates existed and both were born on opposite sides of the planet XD

• I believe the same thing!! the problem is that I don't chase people xD

• @cl_517 noooo I have faith in you! I know it's hard to leave our comfort zones but if we do it gradually it can be very rewarding!

• i agree

• I believe that there is someone for everyone but I don't think that there is only one person in the world who can be The One for you. Yes, I am a Christian, so God has his hands all over this.

• Good question. The truth is that I don't know.

I think that it takes tremendous faith to believe that The Lord has someone picked out for us, but I know that I am forever changing and so is this person so it's like a different algorithm of who is right for me at different times.

Ultimately, though, there are no guarantees in life, I think that when I am the right person, then the Lord will give me the right person so that I stay and continue to be the right person while my right wife is holding onto my right hand.

• No I don't

If there is a god i don't think he grants prayers or interferes in the lives of man. I see god as a silent passive observer. That's assuming that there is a god, as an agnostic I accept both possibilities.

• Most people are capable of forming happy partnerships with many others -- the person they are with is just a matter of which of those potential mates they happened to meet. If you want to find a mate soon, you need to make an effort to meet as many possible matches as you can. The fewer people you meet, the less likely it is that you will meet someone you can be happy with.

• I don't believe in god, so no. But if he does exist and he does have someone picked out then he's being a fucking dick by making me wait for so long.

• I don’t believe God has a spouse prepared for each of us. For one, it makes no logical sense. Think about it. Suppose God predestined that person A will marry person B, and suppose person A marries someone else or never gets saved. Then what is person B supposed to do? Marry outside of “God’s will”?

Secondly, suppose things did in fact work out for persons A and B, and they got married, lived happily ever after. Then person B dies. Is person A allowed to remarry? According to the bible, yes. But according to the view that God has a spouse prepared for each one, no. Who is person A going to remarry? God’s perfect spouse for her already died. Does God have two spouses prepared for her?

• I absolutely believe he does and I will meet her at the right time. I personally know the last year or so has not been the right time.

• I really don't know i guess he has a plan, they say never to question God

• Who knows the lord works in mysterious ways.

• Well i dont believe in God so no

• Even if there was a god, I'd hope he'd have more important things to be doing than messing around in my love life.

• I hope God picked someone nearby… I don't wanna drive a long way!

• He cares, but doesn't choose for you.

• LOL hell no if God intended everyone to have a partner I wouldn't be single.
    Only good looking people get with each other. And don't give me any of
    this that ain't true Bull Crap.

• hmmmmm yes of course. If I believed that then I'd believe anything

• No, not really... have some very serious doubts... 😄😄

• Not nessesarily, although I do believe in fate to some degree.

• I believe that everyone is made for someone

• lmao no no no.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't believe in any god, but can understand why some people do feel that a greater or higher power has all the answers. I don't want to get in to why I think that is right now because it doesn't matter in this topic. This topic is about who you have chosen for you. What you believe is what matters, and if you think that there is a predestined partner chosen for you by your god, then that's exactly what will happen. The more you believe in anything, the more likely that it is true. If you're not sure why, you have the ability to ask those questions to your god or your pastor and learn more about why you are receiving dream messages and what it could mean for your future. Perhaps your god was trying to show you what good things that come to others will happen for you too by showing you a living example. He made it clear that he was not your chosen one.

• No, but I don't believe in god, so...

• I do believe in God all the way. But one thing I can say you have to pick and choose your self a partner and not rush things. Make sure if you are in church that he is a spiritual men. A men that loves God above everything and loves his mom. It says a lot about a men that loves his mom. He is kind and caring a men that wants to have a future with you. These are the things you should be looking for.

• LOL nopeeeeeeeee

• Yea, something like that. I believe there's someone for everyone and when you meet that person. Its like the best thing in the world!

• I don't believe in god but i do believe there is someone for everyone.

• I dont believe in it

• mmm, nope.

• When someone asks a question about God and his "majesticness", but you don't believe in him. Awkwarrdddd.

• This always happens to me! Whenever I have a crush on someone and feel like they like me back I ask god if he's the right one and baaaam! One totally changed and almost forced me to have sex with him after I refused he hated me! The other one never ever outed himself to anyone but to me that he's gay, even though I just knew him for 6 months and no one knew just me, I knew that god made all this happen just for me to understand that there is someone better he saved for me :)