Why do people say I "act white" all of the time?

Everything I do someone always has something to say. When I talk I sound too white to be black (my slight country/southern accent doesn't help either). When I show a certain interest in something I have "white" taste and so on. I honestly don't know how to respond to them. It pisses me off they people don't like me just because I'm not your stereotypical black girl. I honestly can't please anyone and I'm tired of people talking shit about me for no reason.. What do I do?

I forgot to mention that I majority of the guys (that actually give me a chance and look over my race) I date/like are white and they really get pissed off at that and call me racist or white washed. When in reality the black guys that do try to talk to me always ask questions about why I act "white" in disgust or keep asking if I'm mixed.

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh, I'm going to tell you exactly why you were considered #white to most of your #blacks friends #FeelingsWillBeHurt. Also, please keep in mind that you need to ignore the ignorant people of the world ( the kind you described in your question. Since they're just stupid hood boogers who think that anybody who isn't a run in the mill #thug, isn't so-called black #Facepalm #LogicFail -_-).

1st. You probably sound #white even though you're a #black girl judging from your profile pic. I don't give a damn what anyone tells you "naturally speaking that shouldn't happen". Heck, it only does happen if and when you get a #black girl who's trying to sound #white (VOICE TONE wise) and I don't mean that by the way she articulates her sentences either (Which seems to be the biggest misconception that people have about this whole topic. Thinking that we're saying that black people can't speak proper English without being so-called #lame or #shamed which isn't true at all ^_^). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtzlKJ1dObU

Which will commonly happen if and when a white person is present especially a white man when it comes to black women LOL I've noticed that black girls will change up their whole persona once a white guy comes around just to #appease him especially if he's a stranger.

Heck, I've even had white friends who have admitted that they've noticed the same thing. Ya know about how ___ was acting fake around them LOL. Yet that same girl will try to act #normal around me. Like #WTF he was getting special treatment but not me #NeverFails the guy in that video is a prime example, just listen to his voice tone it doesn't match him, right?

2nd (get ready for some stereotyping/racial profiling HAHA) There are things that certain races do for the most part. When was the last time you've seen a black person in a tanning salon it has probably been years, right? Same can be said for a white guy throwing up gang signs in the hood while rapping about how many girls he has or how about a black person at a baseball game?

Anytime that happens he's going to be called "hella #white" by his fellow black men since for the most part baseball is considered a white man's sport by us at least LOL. Let me see blacks usually kill 1-2 people at a time via drive-bys shootings while whites, on the other hand, will usually shoot up the whole school in 1 clean swoop.

Point being is this "if and when you do something out of the "#norm" for your race. You might as well get prepared to be shame for it and or called names" -_-

• Actually I heard it was a reverse gangbang, so try and look suprised.

• @Ihav2fart I've been neglecting them >_<

@gapminder I see what ya did there or at least I think so LOL. ^_^

Most Helpful Girl

• Just ignore them.

What Guys Said 9

• Why do the white guys call you racist/whitewashed? I didn't understand that part.

Look, people are gonna judge you in life no matter what you do. You could be the most stereotypically black person on the face of the planet and some people will judge. Excuse my language, but fuck 'em.

• The white guys don't call me that, they usually expect me to act a certain way and when I don't act as expected I get along with them fine.

• Lol black is just the color of your skin not a representation of how you should act or talk, screw them act the way you normally act and don't give two craps about what other people say.

• there is no universal law that claims that all people of different race should have his or her own way to speak or do things. so if i was you i just ignore them and let them drown in their own pool of ignorance.

i mean at least you can talk and even better they can comprehend everything you say

• Just tell them to atop being racist. You can't act black or white or arab or Asian. You are who you are. Either that or pick new friends. This isint the 1950s, im sure white guys or hispanicguys or even guys guys won't mind hanging out with you if you gavethem a chance.

• Tell them that being "black" is a question of genetics, and not of individual taste and preferences.

• Do what you want. People always find something to whine about.

• Tell them to pipe the fuck down.

• no such thing as acting black or white.

• Just tell them "thanks, at least that means I'll be successful in life, black boy."

Watch that asshole's jaw drop.

What Girls Said 1

• They're ignorant and they know you're different, so to try to bring you down or make themselves feel better, they attempt to insult you. The only real damage they're doing is to the perceived knowledge they think people think they have.