What are your thoughts on animal cruelty?

There is genuinely nothing in this world that hurts my heart more than animal cruelty, ever since I was younger I've always had a tremendous soft spot for animals and seeing the realistic ways of how some of them are treated just shatters my heart into a million pieces. Does anyone else feel as strongly about this as I do? What are some ways that you can contribute to helping put a stop to animal cruelty or helping rescue animals?

Most Helpful Guy

• Animal cruelty is an awful thing. As humans, we have power over animals and abusing the animals we take is abusing our privelege. If someone decides to take a pet such as a dog, he/she should be well ready to take care of the animal for however long it takes. I own two Great Danes who live happy (albeit spoiled as hell) lives and I cannot imagine abusing them, or chaining them to a tree outside and leaving them.

To contribute, I suggest talking to the local animal shelters and see if they need volunteers for anything. For instance, I've helped my aunt a couple times walk dogs. The dog shelter she worked at accepted volunteers to help out the abused dogs they rescue. I think they do cats too.

Even if you don't have money to give, there is almost always someone willing to put time to use! Recovering the animal for adoption is an important part to the rescue process too :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel the same exact way you do :( That's literally the thing that saddens and makes me mad the most about this world. If I met an animal abuser, I'd kill him with my own hands in a heartbeat.

• I don't understand how anyone could show such harm to an animal, a creature that doesn't even have a voice, something that maintains such innocence. It makes me hate humans :( our kind causes such destruction to so many beautiful animals and it keeps me up at night because of how severely it disturbs me :(

• I know, I couldn't agree more, I've shed so many tears because of that 😥 You seem like my kind of person!

What Guys Said 4

• I sure hope you didn't get any people in favor of animal cruelty. In many cases it seems to be a small harm for the greater good- if you are developing a medication for example. You are not allowed by the FDA too test it on humans so the only choice is to use animals. No one actually enjoys it unless they are a sociopath.

• There are many activities that can be avoided, such as hunting, elephant riding, etc and experiments don't HAVE to be tested on animals, for example, they torture monkeys by putting them in multiple stressful situations to see a rise in anxiety and depression, these things aren't necessary for the greater good, so why bother putting living creatures through such distress?

• I mus confess to eating a number of pussies

• I'll be honest, and this is probably horrible, but I feel more sympathy for animals than most people. We are so flawed. I cried almost every time when burying a pet. Honestly, if you watched a TV show, and they were torturing a human, you wouldn't cry. But an animal? Oh my god. STOP THE CRUELTY.

• This is exactly how I feel!!! it sounds terrible but animals make so much more of an impact on me than humans do, they're just so gentle and most of them look up to us for their voice because they don't have one of their own, so if we don't contribute to putting a stop to the suffering they go through, who will? :(

• Exactly. I appreciate animals for what they are and hope the abuse stops

• It's funny how beating someone is punishable but killing someone is not.

• Sometimes you just have to kill a small animal. I've done in two woodchucks this summer, have a third I have to knock off. First two were with an air gun and a shovel, but this next one is burrowing near the house foundation, so a trap will be easiest. I'll probably use fishing line to create a noose for it to catch itself on. If that doesn't work, I'll use hooks. Can't let the bugger threaten the foundation.

What Girls Said 1

• Are you trying to make me rant. That is absolutely the most horrible thing anyone can do to an animal. My sister and I use to always go to the animal shelter and help out there when we were younger. Haven't been in a while since college but i have adopted two puppies and my sister has a cat. Some shelters have programs that help raise money to expand shelters and make them better for animals and I saw an advertisement on television once about saving animals but never really caught it again.