So many people think we should stop focusing so much on race, and focus on just one thing, that we are all human or in this country, all Americans. However we already have so many systems in place from census, to job applications, to schools, etc. where race or any other classification are a focus or part of the focus in order to get something or be a part of something. Many people also will agree that there has never been or never will be this notion that we are truly all equal in any sense because there will always be someone/or a race/or a gender in power, or statistically richer, or more educated, or the more dominant religion, or more supported by a culture. In order for there to be equality that means there are people who would have to give up either some or all of their power to accomodate another group, gender, religion, etc. which either they shouldn't have to do, or that they won't do. So can true equality ever be reached? If so, how, or is it impossible?
- I believe we are truly equal right now, we all have equal rightsVote A
- I want to believe we are equal, but I know we are notVote B
- No such thing as true equality. We should celebrate our differences, and some how try to get along without ignoring the differences existVote C
- True equality can never be reached, there is no such thing, and never will be, no point in tryingVote D
- As long as there are those who do not believe in equality, it can never exist, but we can try to fight for itVote E