I like a guy twenty years older than me... help?

i like a guy way older than me and have for two years now. I haven't spoken to him since two years ago and I'm a minor. He lives in a different state and probably has kids. I know there is a very very slim chance of us getting together but I can't stop thinking about him, it's cliche I know but I really need some advice. This doesn't seem like a silly crush either, he has inspired me to do many thing such as play guitar and believe in myself. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• You like him because of the good things he did to you. Unfortunately, he's too old and has his life. What you're feeling can be considered normal, but rationally thinking there's little chance of you and him being together, even when you turn into 18. So, be thankful to him, be his friend, but try to move on. It'll be better for you to do so.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're mixing up looking up to someone with having feelings for them which is actually pretty common at your age.

• I don't know whether to be happy that you're back or suspicious if someone stole your picture Lol!! Jk

• @Zorro8888 it's me. Fear not, someone could steal my pic but they could never steal my sass.

• Now maybe the trolls will learn to fear again xD
      Lol I just had to make a catfish joke after you were crowned catfish detective :P

What Guys Said 3

• yeah... its not going to work... not right now at least.

• At only 15? While I am glad that he inspired you, you must grow up, and if he is married with children, absolutely not.

• Can we statutory rape anyone? Tell me, were you abused as a child? There are hotlines for that as well as support groups as well.

What Girls Said 2

• That's perfectly normal.

• You should definitely try to get over these feelings. Even if he did return them it wouldn't be appropriate and it would be wrong on his part if he's that much older than you. Maybe you could just be friends with him if he really has helped you in life. For now, it's best to leave it at that though...