HOW DO I TEACH MYSELF THE GUITAR?

So I have a guitar. I want to learn how to play it but I can't afford to pay for lessons. So I was wondering how could I teach myself how to play. Are there certain chords I should learn first? Any helpful websites out there?

What Guys Said 2

• There are lot of books on this, many at the libraries. There are also sites on the internet that give much of that information, but usually not as well as the books.

• Good first chords to learn are G, C, D, E, E Minor, A, and A Minor. Learn the major scales. Start out learning some simple songs. Simple chord progressions and melodies. You will need to learn correct fingering and hand placement, so watch some You Tube videos too.

Most of the average people can't just teach themselves to play an instrument. To really get a good understand, you need someone who knows better to teach you. Do whatever you can to get lessons.

And something else you need to know, PRACTICE! You will never get good if you don't practice! I practice all the time every day.

What Girls Said 0