GAG'ers, what are some items you forgot to pack when departing on holiday?

We all know the story: we leave for a sunny destination, arrive there in our hotel and little James asks "mom, where is my toothbrush?". Oops, tooth brushes still in the bathroom at home :o

So what are some items you forgot when leaving on holiday?

I didn't go on holiday this year but items like a hairdryer, shampoo, toothpaste or on one occasion even socks have been on my list of forgotten items!
I'm curious is someone will say "my wife" hahaha 8)

Most Helpful Girl

• I have forgotten lots of items each time I'm flying overseas! 🙈🙉🙊 Each time the list is different.

There was once when I was flying to Korea and I forgot my toothbrush, had to buy it at the airport. Another time I forgot to bring along my mp3 when I was flying to Canada. Long distance traveling, music is a must! Thankfully I had an extra one in my bag, but not as many songs tho :/ I've even forgotten to bring my identity card along with me 😣 Thankfully the absentminded me has never forgotten to bring along her passport everytime!

• Hahaha I recognize myself... absent minded? What do you mean?
      Oops where did I leave my mobile? Wallet? Watch?
      What else did I have in the car when I drove here? Oh I remember, my girl... sorry darling :o

• The level of detail in this answer was much appreciated - MH is all yours :D

• Thank you 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife is pretty trustworthy concerning the packing list too.

• Haha yeah ladies are incredibly accurate in those duties.
      I suppose she's shouting things like "Jacques, is 17 shorts enough? Should I take 3 or 4 pairs of long trousers for you?".

• No beauty case. :)

• This simple & truthful answer is the MH :D

What Girls Said 10

• One time when I was going on a two week vacation, I forgot my PJ's, it sucked but not totally.. haha I just bought a shirt etc.

• i forget me blazers.. or socks.. last time i had to wear my blazer but i got up late so i was in a hurry... and i forgot my blazer on the chair.. :/

• Oh gosh... so you were cold everytime you needed it?

• warm and funny.. haha.. i wore it.. when it was too cold..

• Good idea... I would have made the same choice :D

• Chargers, toothbrush, toothpaste, brushes, socks, deodorant, etc...
    All those seemingly insignificant things that you just grab easily on a daily basis, haha.

• Oh yeah... and I hope generally it was just one of them, otherwise you'd have some things to arrange or find :o

• Yeah, thankfully, I haven't forgotten them all at the same time. That'd be sad, haha.

• Sunscreen.. I always seem to leave it on my bed.

• Oh gosh... and than your skin color turned to "lobster" I guess? :o :o

• Haha and I guess the guy would insist on doing your back :-)
      Maybe that's a good way to seduce a guy... forget sunscreen and bingo! 8) 8)

• Most offer, yes..

• pens/pencils to write or draw something, and paper lol XD

but oh well, i got everything i really need though :D

• Yeah and pen and paper are not that difficult to arrange :D
      Just blink at the pretty guy behind the hotel desk and promise to draw his portrait 8)

• Yeah and I know you good enough to be certain you take practice very seriously :D
      You're gonna make it. I'm certain of that!

• hair curler, sneakers, lounging clothes for indoors, beach sandals

• I guess the nr 1 is the most difficult one to replace, and the lounging clothes may be fairly expensive to buy new :o Bye bye holiday budget :-(

• skincare ><

• Oh gosh... did you improvise, cover up or... search for the right shop?

• Only my toothbrush.

• Well I guess that's a reasonably easy object to replace :D
      Most malls, pharmacies or supermarkets will be able to provide a new one...
      No joke, on hilday in Sri Lanka I've seen people do it with their finger, in the river, when 10 meters further downstream there was an elephant drinking!

• LMAO hahahahaha I was just away for a week forgot my shampoo. Had to pick some up at a high priced convenience store.

• Haha my question triggered something there... so sorry :o
      Oh goodness I was afraid you were going to say "I had to use the cleaning product for my trucks' window" 8)

• A headset :p

• You mean to listen to music?
      I suppose some cheap headsets should be easy to find at most locations?

• Haha I'm quite certain that in many holiday venues they have one or another (copy of a) cheap brand for a couple of pounds :D
      After 3 weeks they fall apart but as long as they survice a 2 week holiday it's fine!

• And they were like "Don't think!"
      not thinking gets you screwed over

• I always forget my pens ugh

• Haha in this digital world there may be solutions... but of course if you need to complete a form you're in trouble.
      I also always tend to forget objects, not only when I'm on holiday.
      I'm a little absent minder. A little hum hum... a little bit very much 8)

• Currently writing an autobiography.. But I'm not a published writer. Yet.
      I write short stories too and poems :)

• That's a good exercise... later when you have a job and you need to write things like important mails, meeting reports, procedures or so, it will help you a lot :D

What Guys Said 5

• I typically don't forget things because I bring everything with me.

• I always forget to bring paper in case i have to write something down, like a number or code. Gah, I never forget my pens though.

• I see! Fortunately in most hotels they leave some sort of note book or free post-its for the customers.
      But you'll always see... that one time you absolutely need some they won't be there :o

• Don't say you mean your girl? Hahahaha 8)

• Lol I could always pick up another one of those XD Jk

• 0|0
    • Hahaha but I'm certain he found his way (or had fun in the house while you were on the road to the sun) :D

• Travel adapters...

• Oh yes, that's a frequent one, especially in countries where you wouldn't expect to need them... fortunately hotel receptions often have a few spair sets :D

• I will always remember that time I was in Germany and I didn't realize the outlet was different from American. Never make that mistake again, I had to buy one but it was so inconvenient.

• I've even had it in countries like France or Ireland which are very close to Belgium... you just don't realize until you're there :o

• Toothbrush, luckily I was able to buy it at the hotel. They had a vending machine full of them

• Yeah hotels are used to guests forgetting toothbrushes haha 8)