Do you think that it would help the Republican party during this election season to invoke another government shutdown to de-fund Planned Parenthood?

Why or why not?

• Yes, I think it would help the Republican party
  • No, I think it would hurt the Republican party

Most Helpful Guy

• I think people are ready to swing back after Obama and many people like the economic policies of the republican (I am a die hard liberal, but I understand America is not). The only thing holding them back IS there social policy. It is just far too out of touch with over 70% of the American public, too many people support gay marriage, pro choice and women's rights. Plus they are still pushing this super Christian morals but less than half of the US identifies as Christian, let alone even less who feel they should play a part in politics... I have always said, if they dropped the crazy right wings Christians, I think they would be the ones about to win this election hands down (thank goodness that is NOT the case for myself). At this point, the party needs to die a new conservative party needs to rise form it, they tried that with the whole 'GOP' thing (plus to distance form Bush), but it failed and the Tea Party is even crazier to many.

Shutting down the government is always frowned upon, that means that politicians aren't able to do their job, on both sides. It is a massive waste of money and services as well.

And if we have learned anything over the decades or attempts for the right to defund Planned Parenthood, it is that they all have failed and more and more people support annually

What Guys Said 6

• I feel like shutting the government down would hurt them with the undecided voters who don't have an opinion on planned parenthood, and those are definitely the people they don't want to be pushing away.

• Pretty much the only thing that would help the republican party at this point is if they all became democrats. They seem to be trying to portray this by taking trump seriously (next to him, they all look sane), but that will only last until the primaries.

• Really, I am under the impression that the party absolutely hates Trump, especially because he is basically saying he will run as a third, which will already kill there small voting pool..

• The GOP is the spawn of Satan.

• The Republicans don't care about being elected. They just want to collect their bribes from the Koch brothers.

• I can only pray they would be so bold

• They're favorability is already sinking. This would just bolster their numbers with nutcases.

What Girls Said 0