Stupid question ahead: Do Americans go on holidays?

I mean, I've noticed that some americans I'm talking with haven't gone anywhere this whole summer. Where I come from we usually visit an island and stay there for a bit. I hope I don't sound rude, I'm just wondering.

Most Helpful Guy

• One thing I have a hard time explaining to people, especially from Europe and even more so the UK, the US is massive and we have just about every destination and climate you could want all in one place. I live in the north east, and in the summer it can get over 34degree Celsius, 30 average. So we can just go to a pool or maybe a lake for a weekend. We also have massive coasts, I think more than any other singly country save Canada, but no one wants to swimming in the ocean in Canada... haha so it is fairly easy to get away to the beach as well without really having to travel, except if you live in the middle bits perhaps.

a different side to this, the US gets terrible vacation and holiday leave in the working force, I want to say the average annually is like 2-3 weeks paid days off, and often your employer reserves the right to say when and how long your leave can be. This to me is absurd and I hope it changes, but many families just can't get away from work for more than 2-3 days at a time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Only the rich ones do... they really stand out in a crowd...

What Guys Said 3

• No, we go on vacations. We never use the word "holiday" except to refer to an actual holiday or occasion.

• They go on vacation.

• We call it vacation

What Girls Said 1

• Americans with money do lolol

Some of us are relegated to camping!