Thoughts on Zoos?

Today I went to a zoo, it was actually quite good The animals had enough space and the keepers had made it as close to their natural environment as possible.
sadly other zoos I have visited previously are not so great. Animals are living in a very small area.
A cheetah was walking in the same circle constantly with no space to run.
I feel it is cruel to the animals and feel sad walking around the zoo watching them.
What's your opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• The zoo I live closest to, the St. Louis Zoo, is one of the best. It allows maximum running space and very close to their natural environment. Some zoos are created just purely for money purposes. I like the idea of GOOD zoos, because they educate children about the problems the world faces when it comes to things like extinction, and disease. Also I like animals :)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• Generally not a fan. They aren't great places for the animals and it's actually a LOT more fun to see the animals in the wild

• What zoo was this? I have a Yearly membership to Zoo Miami

• They should feed live animals to the predators while we watch. That would give us some real entertainment. Now somebody is probably going to say they should feed me to the predators and I probably deserve that.

• I like the tigers and the bears and the monkeys. :)

• They can be good if they are as you describe. there's a good one in North Carolina where they do try to give the animals space and close to natural habitat as possible

• they're not immoral.

• not a fan animals should be in wild...