IPhone and iPod Touch owners! Do u recommend getting a screen protector for an iPhone / iPod Touch?

I plan on getting one, and I am going to put a case on it for sure.

I was wondering if you felt it necessary to put a screen protector on it, since I don't know how easily the screen scratches , or how much glare the screen has in the sun.

1) What touch screen Apple device (s) do u have?

2) Did u use a screen protector?

3) Do u regret using, or not using, a screen protector? Why or why not?

• yes, I recommend a screen protector for touch screen Apple products
  • no, a screen protector for touch screen Apple products is unnecessary
  • I never owned a touch screen Apple product

Most Helpful Girl

• I have an otterbox for my iPhone and I couldn't live without it. It keeps my phone pristine and I just replace the case every year and wipe it down with rubbing alcohol or dish soap every once in awhile. That way I don't have to worry about dropping it getting nail polish remover on it, or it getting messed up in the kitchen

• I never used iPod, but I use iPhone 6 which I think is incomplete without a screen protector. As a user of iPhone 6 what I felt is that it bears a very delicate type of screen which will no longer be safe after a few drops and when you have bought an iPhone, you must keep it maintained as well as protected otherwise getting it repaired will cost you dearly rather than its buying cost. Also, I will recommend you to buy a superior-quality screen protector which not only protect your screen but also gives you the best touch experience. Though, there are various online stores but if you want to take my suggestion then I would recommend you to buy from Celicious. I have experienced their screen protector and I’m quite satisfied with the quality.

• @MarkSmith01 I'll definitely take a look into that, I shall be getting my iPod by Christmas. Hopefully there will be a Black Friday deal or a price drop! 😝

What Girls Said 9

• 1) I have an iphone 6.
    2) Yes, I have a glad screen protector put on.
    3) No regrets. Made my phone a tiny bit thicker but since I got it put on, two of the times my phone dropped from not so high up resulted in a crack in the screen protector in the corner as well as once around the camera/light. I'm glad I had the glass screen protector versus a basic peel-on one or nothing at all, as otherwise it could've been my actual screen that cracked. :/

• It's not that it smudges or scratches easily... but it's nice to have something to buffer it if you do happen to drop it.

Oh and by the way... been a while! Hope you're doing well! :)

• I have an iPod touch, with a screen protector and yes it's necessary because if you're like me and you keep it in your pocket for easy access it's likely to be scratched. Even when I put it in my purse I feel safe knowing my keys and items won't scratch the surface. It still looks brand new a couple years later.

• They can reduce the touch sensitivity and if you drop an iPhone, it won't stop it from cracking.

• Most definitely get a screen protector, Apple or not, touchscreens need em

• i've been using iphones for the last 5 years and although i don't use a protector i recommend it

• I recommend a screen protector for anything with a screen, weather it be a phone or an ipad.

• I have a 5C. A green one. I don't use anything for mine I don't even have a case.

• But aren't u worried about your precious companion not wearing protection? :(

• You are so meticulous. Must drive your girlfriend mad😄😉

• I did make my exes a bit stir crazy with my attention to detail! :-P

• I'm a substitute teacher, and aspiring teacher (going back to school next year).

• No way lol. What are your subjects?

What Guys Said 4

• No, i don't. I have an Ipod with a screen protector, and i have an Iphone without one. My Iphone's screen is no dirtier than my Ipod. In fact, my Ipod is dirtier because shit gets under the screen protector. Plus, if you put it on wrong, it'll leave airbubbles or creases and its really annoying. Also, the screen is less sensitive, so you have to tap harder, slide harder, so that it actually picks up on it.

In my opinion you'd be better off without one. But i guess that's coming from someone who hasn't dropped any of my devices in the last 5 or 6 years, sooooo...

• I purchased my first iPhone last month and one of the associates suggested I get one so I did. Before that I never used a screen protector on my previous phones. But I must say it is worth as I have dropped my phone a few times and my screen is still good as new.

• I had an iPod touch and I hated it to the core. So I guess a screen protector is needed for when you want to DESTROY IT

• I'm curious, why do u hate the iPod Touch so much? What version did u have?

• I don't know. It was quite a while ago. I hated it because iTunes told me I have apps that I am not supposed to have, so it will delete them for me, I was like OK, then it was like "lol I can't delete these because I'm a piece of shit" and then it was not willing to synchronize music on my goddamn music player

iTunes also fucked up my DVD drive's driver once and Windows stopped seeing it until some sort of weird "iTunes registry fix" I found on the internet

• No I never got a screen protector but when I got my iPod Touch 5 it's so paper thin I was afraid I was going to snap it in half so I got a protective case for it.