What are some good books to read?

I don't like "Who is the baby's daddy?" Type of thing or romantic that much. Or teen stuff ( unless it's mean girls )

I like horror and mystery.

Also I doubt this will get very many answers since a lot of people don't read.

I like things like American Horror story, Sherlock Homes, Doctor who, the Percy Jackson series, Stephen King, Hunger Games etc...

68

Most Helpful Guy

• Right now Im reading Antony Beevor's series on WW2, And they are very good. (Though I don't know if you would be into them xD)

• I might. I enjoy books about history. But I hate the way the school system teaches it to us 😞

• \\\thanks for mho

• You're welcome

Most Helpful Girl

• I really enjoyed Between Shades of Gray and Sarah's Key. Those are more historical novels that deal with WWII, and I absolutely loved them.

Also, if you like fantasy, I highly recommend the Falling Kingdoms series. It's like a milder version of Game of Thrones (the author actually is a screenwriter for that TV series I think!). The Infernal Devices series is also good. It's a pre-series to the Mortal Instruments, but I know Cassandra Clare's style of writing isn't for everyone.

I also liked A Confederacy of Dunces (it's hilarious in a satirical way), Going after Cacciato (Vietnam War), To Kill a Mockingbird, and Catcher in the Rye. I bet you've read some of those since I read all of them for school, and enjoyed them the most out of all the required books. Seven Daughters and Seven Sons is also a very good book. It deals with sexism and equality.

Another book that centers on teens but is not particularly teen-y is Unwind. It's one of those dystopia books, but it's really different from anything else I've read. I suppose you could always go for the Game of Thrones novels, but since you're only 15, I don't think some of the parts will be appropriate. I liked the Kane Chronicles too, which are also by Rick Riordan (you're probably read them as well).

The Divergent series was also good, but I liked the first one best (and you've probably seen the movie or read the book). Me and Earl and the Dying Girl is an absolutely hilarious book. It's really unique, but once again, it deals with teens. It's NOTHING like the Fault in our Stars (I've heard people saying how they thought it was just a copy of it--it's not!).

The Book Thief is another historical novel that I'm only beginning, but it's very interesting. It also deals with WWII. I read a bit of All the Light We Cannot See (I was at Costco haha), and it seems very very good. Again, it's a historical novel centered around WWII. I'm just realizing a read a lot of WWII fiction novels haha.

OH! If you like horror, I highly recommend Anna Dressed in Blood. It's... humorous, it has romance, mystery, horror... I can't really describe it, but I couldn't put the book down. Another mystery novel is We Were Liars. It's haunting.

Alright I'll stfu right after this. I know you don't like the typical teen stuff, but I really enjoyed the Shatter Me series (and I also don't like the teen category).

Hope I helped! I'm absolutely in love with reading!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 7

• I don't like reading, but the saga of The Witcher are the only books that I actually enjoyed, and I'm planning on buying the books in English (since I read it in Spanish when I was around 12-13).
    They're fantasy-adventure, that kind of stuff, but they're awesome.

I don't know any horror or mystery books, though.

• Run baby Run the Nicky Cruz story

• Honestly I really like 1984. Probably the best book I have read.

• What's it about?

• Haha good thinking :) I really like books that make you think about things. But I also like reading war memoirs too :S

• Same here. I love mystery and not be baking to guess the ending of it b

• The Lost Gate. By the same guy who wrote Ender's Game. I loved it.

• Gone girl.

• A monster call id suggest a physics book called the pea and the sun it's amazing

• Read The Art of War by Sun Tzu. It really does help change one's view situations differently.

What Girls Said 5

• Books are so personal, it's hard to recommend something unless I know you. Do you have a favourite genre, or do you like typically women protagonists, or does this not matter? Do you like historical fiction? Books with a dark tone? You should really also make an account on Goodreads www.goodreads.com and once you add books you already like, the system will generate books you might like to read. Also you can join groups to get recommendations, and add friends and compare books. Sometimes if you have something in common with a Goodreads friend, you can gauge what else they have on their bookshelf that you might like.

• Wow thank you!

• Can you order books from there.

• Not from the site directly, but when you do to a book, there are links that take you to Amazon.

• Patricia Cornwell - Postmortem. It's a really well put together detective series. It flows so well it's difficult to put down! Reading it at the moment and it's great so far.

Another series would be Noughts and Crosses - Malorie Blackman I think is her name? My all time favourite, it's absolutely amazing. Have read it over and over again so many times!

• Yaaaas Percy Jackson!!! Did you read the spin-off of that series, the lost heroes of Olympus? I liked House Rules by Jodi Picoult. The Mortal Instruments was good but i don't know if thats too "teen" for ya. If you do get the goodreads app i could add you and you could just look at what books I've read.

• I was going to but my mom gave away the books 😔 and I perfer to read my books using an actual book. So I might order some stuff

• Okay 😆 thank you 😘

• :P no prob

• I would strongly recommend something from Agatha Christie- Poirot series.
    ABC murders and 5 little pigs are the best in my opinion

• Anything by agatha Christie