So, black people are no longer even allowed to discuss the issues we face?

Seriously, any time I mention the problems black people have to put up with, I'm blasted and treated as if I'm a monster for it, even when I don't say things that are inflammatory, even when I use straight up facts, even fucking statistics? What, are we not allowed to discuss our issues like normal humans? Oh wait, I forgot, we're not human, we're "black". What's so wrong with what I've done, huh? What's so wrong about wanting to protect my people when they need me, wanting to protect them from a world that hates and fears them and has always wanted to see them in chains? I just want them to be safe, I don't want my people to be in chains anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't heard this happening. Who is preventing you from talking about the issues blacks face or black history? As far as I can tell, it's still something people are welcome to talk about in order to fix.

• Not online, where the most people would hear you, online just validates the reality, that most people, especially white Americans, are deeply and proudly prejudiced at worst, and deeply and ignorantly prejudiced at best, and both sides feel justified and will refuse to listen to you.

• honestly it doesn't matter where you're at in america if you try to talk about black problems in a non predominately black setting the conversation will be quickly steered away or withdrawed from out of discomfort, fear, guilt, or racism.

• Sounds like the white people there just can't take any sort of discussion whatsoever regarding racism issues.

Most Helpful Guy

• I enjoy discussion if that's what you really want but a discussion is a frank exchange of views, not one person preaching and the other listening and being told they have nothing valid to add because they 'will just never understand'.

Statistics are not above criticism. You can make statistics say just about anything if you torture them.

I don't know a lot of white people who hate and fear black people generally, more like they find the behavior of of a lot of black people uncongenial and just prefer not to be around those sorts of black people. They don't like to be around white people who act like that either. It's a curious thing, I've always found blacks from Africa or even the Caribbean much easier company than blacks from the US. So I don't think it's the skin color, it's the culture that keeps you from being better accepted by whites.

• I know a lot of white people like you with a disgusting sense of superiority that happily lump all blacks together like a fucking hive mind, and then pass it off as not racist. Believe it or not, most blacks are fucking middle class to begin with, the poor black screen hat do act ghetto, believe it or not there's a fucking underlying factor than they just choose to be that way, wait, I forgot, you're only capable of the most basic of thoughts.

• That's funny, I thought I'd pointed out I find many black people congenial just for some reason not American ones. I never mentioned 'ghetto', you did. Seems like one of us has a one track mind anyway. I was thinking more of just not being interested in the same things, not having the same approach to life.

There is also the unreasoning hostility of course, which you seem to exemplify. That doesn't do much to endear you to anybody.
      I don't know what 'racist' means any more, it's definition seems to have expanded to include any kind of preference which results in something other than proportional representation. It used to mean believing one 'race' (a meaningless word) was better or more deserving than another. I don't believe that. I do like some people more than others based entirely on their behavior.

There, I gave you my frank view and you have tried to shut me down by calling me ugly names. So who is it exactly who isn't allowed to have their views here?

• yeah bro!
      you think your superior huh?
      kill whitey!!!

What Girls Said 2

• Why does one's opinion/feelings have to be about their skin color?

• I notice it too it doesn't bother me but I feel like if you can't relate, understand or don't want to understand then you can't tell anyone how to express their problems or try to sweep it under the rug not knowing what it is like.

What Guys Said 9

• Older white guy here I think you need to speak up and keep on doing it. We want to pretend that everything is all right but it isn't and historically it was much worse than most people even know.

• Thanks, I needed that, I hate to admit it, but I was so upset that I shed tears during this post

• You are allowed. But, other people are allowed to criticize you.

• For daring to have issues? Oh wait, I forgot, the poor white man has it faaar worse because sometimes people call him, dare I say... RACIST? Only after he does something offensive or insensitive?

• They are allowed to criticize you, whether they have good points or not. It's called freedom of speech. There's plenty of countries that don't have freedom of speech, including black countries. So, you have your options.

• "poor white man" lol.
      I think he thinks white people are just born middle class and wealthy.

• I'm all for no restrictions, but sometimes y'all just rant too dam much about the struggles of a black person.

• Your people are in chains? It was a while since I was in America, but it sounds like things have taken a turn for the worse.

• Ummmm, you've just finished watching Boyz in da Hood haven't you... *Ive never heard a black guy say my people lol xD*

• Don't pay attention to any racist scumbags

• Black people's problems ended once Obama was elected president so get over it.

• Yawn, whining black person. Nothing to see here.

But just to placate you: #BlackLivesMatter

There, tolerance quota filled for the day. Now time to work on my systematic oppression quota.

• What black people problems? Whenever someone of another race is mean to you its "racist" no matter what. Plus most are awesome to hang out with. I don't see why u would complain, but even if u are I don't see why anyone would say that atuff

• Is is what I mean, you're white, you wouldn't understand, I don't even expect you to anymore, I just expect you to mock whatever we say.

• The marijuanna thing I can say is BS cause I can tell u right now more white guys here be doing that EASILY. The other parts I get. But yes, there ARE white guy problems but not legal ones. More relationship and stuff ones. For ex:

Lots of white girls want black BFs cause the black people have bigger dicks thing and they are more fun etc.

White skinny guys are called nerds and outcasted if u aren't popular

Personally, people of other races are a LOT more funny than white guys where I am so I enjoy hanging with them over white guys a lot

White guys are expected to be like rich and our Gfs ask us for a TON of crap we can't afford and when we can't they call us broke and leave

There are lots more too. As u can see we both have problems with race issues we just fail to see it when we aren't the other race.

• The thing is, those aren't real issues to begin with. With black guys, that's, first off, bullshit because most white girls date white males, second, it's demeaning to black men because it bestows best ail traits upon them, likening them to savages. Black skinny kids are called nerds, hell, I may not act like one, but I'm a fucking nerd, nerds aren't based on race, next. Black guys are expected to buy shit to, and, people assuming you're well off is often an advantage. Not a single one of these would be viewed as real issues to anyone but a high schooler and only one was related to race, and more degraded black people than anything, and wasn't true.