Anybody that had all 4 of their wisdom tooth taken out? After effects on face?

Did your face change physically after the recovery period? I heard people face shape changes permanently after extraction and recovery period? Did this happen to you guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• I just had all 4 removed last month. The surgery went well, I didn't remember anything and basically I suffered from slight swelling. I did have some issues however, I ended up developing dry socket, and I had an allergic reaction to the penicillin they gave me for after the surgery. My legs felt really heavy and swelled and I had hives all over :(

However, just be vigilant. IF you are not feeling well after the surgery, call the dentist right away or go to the hospital!

You can expect some swelling or discomfort after the surgery, but the dentist or doctor should give you pain meds. Just try to relax for a few days (usually 3). And try not to eat anything too chewy or hard. Stick to soft stuff like pudding and jello.

My face looked pretty much the same right after surgery. The only swelling came from my allergic reaction to the medicine. My face looks normal now. The only changes physically I have are my teeth which were overcrowded before are now moved back into their proper place and are straightening out on their own :)

My surgery was very good, and went well. My wisdom teeth were already out (broken through the gums). The only reason I got the surgery was because I was having some issues with the one wisdom tooth. So I was a very good candidate for the surgery. Everyone has a different experience.

Just be sure to rinse out your mouth and keep the holes clean. But be very gentle when cleaning!

Most Helpful Guy

• LOL It's funny that I stumble upon this question today, because I literally got them removed just some hours ago lol. So far, I have not noticed any changes in my face from before to after. The only thing that has happened is pain coming from my mouth. No physical changes though.

What Girls Said 3

• No. And never heard of that.

• I had wisdom teeth taken then I had jaw surgery.
    The wisdom teeth extraction won't change your face. Other than you'll be swollen for a little bit after.
    You won't change unless they perform a structural changing surgery.

• I had all four removed years ago. Two at a time. It's definitely not pleasant since you won't be able to eat properly for a few days and it will also be a little painful, but it wasn't such a big deal. My face didn't change – neither temporarily or permanently. I also don't know anyone who's had that happen to them and most of my friends had all of their wisdom teeth removed.

What Guys Said 0