Do you think it's s good idea for a 14yo to drink rosè?

Note: The drinking age is 18 in where she lives, not 21

• Yes good idea (if parents let her)
  • No it's not

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's neither a good idea nor a bad idea. A glass of plonk with a meal won't do a teenager any harm. But it's not a "GOOD IDEA" for "REASONS".

I suppose you could argue that drinking responsibly early will encorague the same atitude in later life... but that doesn't always work. An adictable personality will always get addicted. And having a drink now and then could also be seen as a 'special reward' which subtly makes that association that drink is special and desirable.

But my overhwelming thought: Why rose? Yerk!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think 14 is really young to drink. If her parents let her, I would say youngest to start should be like 16. Maybe a sip or something at 14 is ok but a glass? No way. At least not in my opinion.

• We literally give babies alcohol so they go to sleep here. I've had more than one sip before, would've had more than a glass if I wanted to. I've seen my parents and relatives drunk too. We're pretty relaxed about it, not just as a family but as a nation. That's why I'm having trouble understanding the American "No way under 21" point of view.

• I won't become an alcoholic. I'm not that type, and besides, I'm too poor to always buy alcohol that doesn't taste like shit

• I'm not saying that YOU will be an alcoholic lol

What Guys Said 7

• Only if you're Italian.

• if u r under legal age... i don't think they'll serve u... unless u look above 18

• Not going to a bar, buying a bottle. Though I have a great family, they tried to get me into clubs before but I look my age

• i guess u can then... they don't ask if it's for u or not. they'll assume it's for yer parents

• A drop of wine never hurt anyone even at 14. My parents used to let me have wine with a meal from a very young age and they do the same in France as well.

• Not a good idea. But if you're going to do it, just one glass. or one sip

• LOL, one sip?

• You're still young... If you were my girl, like daughter. I'd let you taste it.. And then I drink the rest. Too young!

• And then I'd go the kotu yol 🔫

• Then no, it still isn't a good idea, unless it's under adult supervision

• loads of people in america be no where im from you could basically go into the pub and ask for it and you will get it

• Where do you live

• you want to visit sometime

• No, you shouldn't drink if your under 21

What Girls Said 9

• If your parents allow you to and you are under their watch then it's fine.

• I don't like to call it "good idea" but I think it's ok if your parents allow and if it's just occasionally :)

• i think its a bit young.

• In a bar no but a glass with a family meal is fine.

• Just sips here and there

• No, I think that's a horrible idea but that's just me.

• Never a good idea to lose brain cells

• Its ok for her to drink it, as long as the amount is monitored and she doesn't drink too much of it

• As in tequila rose?

• Rosè wine

• Legally no but if it's a wedding I think it would be fine