Guys, Do you act differently towards randome women you find attractive and women you dont find attractive?

If a girl randomly asks you for directions to a place do you act differently towards her if you find attractive or unattractive?

Im not necessarly talking about big differences or anything , but would you smile more or/and hold eyecontact more with a girl you find attractive for example?

37

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah. Though, if I found her attractive, I would try to avoid eye contact and not smile at all, give her directions and the whole ordeal is over. If I found her unattractive, I would be more engaging.

As for small differences, yeah, typically, there's the pupil dilation, increase in body temperature which may or may not be noticeable to the person; eye contact for two to three seconds, followed by dropping eyelids and looking away; body mirroring.

I quite like this quote from the following link: "Normally people woo each other slowly. Caution during courtship is also characteristic of spiders. The male wolf spider, for example, must enter the long, darker entrance of a female's compound in order to court and copulate. This he does slowly. If he is overeager, she devours him." And, "So does money. From rural Zulus to urban Brazilians, men are attracted to young, good-looking, spunky women, while women are drawn to men with property or money. Americans are no exception." The bit about 'love maps' is interesting, too. Really, you should just read it.

www.psychologytoday.com/.../the-biology-attraction

What Guys Said 36

• For me, not necessarily. Attractiveness isn't what matters; what changes my behavior towards a girl is whether or not I like her. Finding her attractive is a key to that, but just because I find a girl attractive, doesn't mean I like her. Its complicated haha, but I will say for most guys, they will act differently towards a girl they find attractive, usually because they're nervous and/or want to get laid.

• In general, the world acts differently to attractive and unattractive people. I'm not condoning it or condemning it. That's how it is. Studies have shown men react differently to attractive women. Studies have shown WOMEN act differently to attractive women. The same is true for attractive men. Students act differently towards attractive teachers, and vice versa. Juries are less likely to convict attractive defendants, and when they do they're more likely to give a lighter sentence. Attractive people are perceived as being more intelligent and more trustworthy. Attractive people make more than their unattractive counterparts. Again, I'm not condoning any of this, it's simply what I've read and what I've experienced.

• Eh, not particularly. I might flirt a little more with women I don't find ugly sometimes, but other than that not really.

As far as smiling and making eye contact, there's not really any difference, for me. I do it the same no matter what they look like.

• I think most people have been guilty of treating those they find attractive a little differently than ones they don't. And yes, it occurs even during a simple transaction like holding a door for someone, giving them directions, or even passing them on the street.

• No, I would never do that. I would act the same irrespective of the attractiveness factor.

• Yes, studies show that wearing high heels will greatly increase a woman's ability to get men to help them. Men are more friendly towards women they find attractive.

• Nah. I act totally the same. But, when a hot or attractive girl starts randomly talking to me, i would definitely think she's hitting on me. I try to act normal, calm and indifferent to see what happens in case i guessed wrong.

• Regardless of who asks me for help, if I can help them I do. However if the girl is attractive I will smile and if I can muster the confidence flirt with her.

• for me, her demeanour, attitude or how she comes across, ( if that is even possible to see) , will dictate how much detail I give to get there. It won't be about what she looks like.

• I would probably be more nervous around an attractive woman. Because I would care what she thinks about me

• I would probably act less caring to a women who i found more attractive, because that is what i would be expecting her to expect.

• Yes, you can't help it. But unless you are looking, usually it's quite subtle.

• Yeah. Whit a woman I find attractive I stay quite, whit a woman I don't find attractive I talk whit no problem.

• Everyone does this.

• Yea I'm awkward as fuck if I'm attracted to her

• If i don't know the girl i don't care if she's attractive or not. I will act the same. I'll probably never see her again so what's the point?

• yes of course the eye contact would be prolonged with an attractive person.

• not really, unless I want to date her.
    If it's all the same, then it's all the same.

• yesh
    i would be more nervous infront of attractive girl

• tend to flirt more, but that's about it

• Most men do! I do not. I know first hand how much cruelty can hurt someone. So, unless this woman has three eyes or a beard.. no difference between the two. ( maybe a flirt or two )

• I usual find women who are attractive as longest they are nice, polite and respect me and my families. It's all about being respect and accept who we are.

• dont care. the only thing attracrive to me is a girl that finds me attractive

• If we were already friends? nahh. Someone random? definitely. something about my mind always goes "dude, you're talking to some random hot girl" and i get kind of awkward

• Nope. They are flesh and blood just like me.

• I react in the same way.

• yeah i probably would.

• I wouldn't treat them any different in the situation you described.

• i do. i wanna make her mine.

• Don't girls do the same thing.

• More from Guys
    6