Do you wear/need glasses?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have glasses for reading and for the screen otherwise I don't need them

• Every year I manage to scrape the eye test for my race licence without having to wear any correction.
      I hav my eyes lasered about 6 or 7 years ago and it was brilliant. Up until then I had to wear glasses inside my race helmet which was a real pain but now can pass the eye test without at 6/6 both eyes

• Thank you for the MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• No I don't.. I wanted to.. few years back.. but now I know they are a lot of work.

What Guys Said 11

• Yes, I do. But I'm a very special case. I have a very strong visual disability since I was born. It's called Aniridia and only very rare (only 1 in about 100,000 people has it). I am blind on my left eye and I see about 5-10% on my right eye. However, ironically, I don't wear my glasses to see better. Sadly, glasses can't help improve my vision. Many people who don't know me well don't understand this and they ask me stuff like "Why don't you just wear glasses?" Would be nice if life was that easy! Unfortunately, it's not. Some people don't understand that completely normal cases of "bad" sight have absolutely nothing to do with actual, visual disabilities. My eyes are broken in a way that no glasses can make a difference, no matter how good or expensive they are. The reason I still have to wear glasses is because my condition Aniridia means that my eyes come without an iris. The iris is that part of your eye that functions like a blind in a photo camera. In other words, my eyes are like a photo camera where you can't close the blind. My pupils don't have any possibility to regulate the amount of light that comes inside my eyes. Apart from the fact that this is very uncomfortable because I feel constantly blinded (everything is extremely bright), it's also extremely dangerous for my eyes. This is why I need a very special type of glasses, made of a special glass that has a brown-orangish color. It filters out most of the sun's UV rays and also most of the light itself. It's like a very, very dark pair of sunglasses but it's different. I wouldn't be able to wear normal sunglasses because those don't have some of the special properties that my eyes need. Contrary to the other people here who hate wearing glasses, I love my glasses and I'm very grateful to have them. If I would be living 100 years ago and didn't have these glasses, I would be completely blind by now. The sun would have literally burned the visual nerve in the back of my eyes.

• need - yes... fuck it

wear - ONLY in my home where nobody can see me... i've tried wearin contacts but i couldn't... i really really dislike glasses and if i have my glasses on i look like a fuckin nerd. so in public i go without in order to appear decent :|

• yes i wear glasses. they are annoying but i always combine my clothes with my glasses so it has his good points

• Yus I do. My eyes r too sensitive for contacts

• Need? Yes
    Wear? No

• Need? No
    Wear? Yes, when I get dry eyes or when I'm at home.

• Thankfully no. I have a pretty good vision

• Yeah I wear glasses/contacts.

• Well i will wear glasses sadly :(

• Yes i do need and wear glassew

• Yeah I'm blind as a bat.

What Girls Said 18

• i need glasses and i wear them when i'm out
    when i'm home i don't wear them bc i don't like wearing them haha

i plan on eventually switching over to contacts.

• I wear glasses now, which I should have been wearing all along but was embarrassed to but now I don't care and actually like them.

• I do. I need them so bad I can't see a goddamn thing without them x)
    I've had them for so long that I think I look weird without them, like a part of my face is missing. They have many disadvantages but I love them :)

• Yeah, I've been wearing glasses since I was 1.

• I need them do I wear them no. I want contacts glasses just don't fit me plus mine are ugly can't have that.

• I wear glasses when I'm too lazy to put in my contacts.

• Nope.
    Only one in my family who doesn't.

• Yes😎.
    Fillerrrrrrr~

• i wear glasses for reading or for driving

• I wear glasses off and on. I wear mine all the time or contacts because I love being able to see.

• Yupp.
    I only wear them during lecture though.

• yes i wear glasses but i dont know if i will get eye surgery. i have grown to like them.

• No I don't.

• I wear glasses, sometimes.

• Need no
    Wear no

• I usually wear my contacts because I don't like having to clean my glasses constantly

• I do and I actually like how they look on me

• Yes i do...