Have you ever been mistaken for the opposite gender?

You know that awkward moment when someone asks "How are you doing today sir" and your like "Im a chick asshole" lol :P (or vice versa if your a dude).

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I have never been mistaken for a girl, but I have been mistaken for a foreigner and a homosexual lol
    I was at the mall and I made a joke to my girlfriend (we speak German as our second language) in German and someone asked if we needed help and if we spoke English. She told us, "welcome to America! Where are you from?" Lol
    And once, in France, my friend and I were in a shop and the owner thought we were a couple. I saw sex position dice that I thought were funny, so I showed my friend and the owner came up, pulled us together, and said "Those our for night time, this is lunch time" gave us a smile and walked away saying, "young lovers in Paris, huh?"

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes all the time. I have a very masculine face so I have been called sir many times. I have to wear clothes that show off my body just to prove that I am a woman. I have long hair, but people think I look like a guy with long hair. It happened on Friday. I was wearing baggy clothes, and this guy told his buddy that: "I thought that was a guy, must be a dyke." I was only wearing baggy clothes because my good clothes were in the wash, and I am on my period. I was crampy and I wanted to wear comfortable clothes. Other then that I had my hair styled and I was wearing makeup. Someone once called me a tranny. I hate my face.

What Guys Said 24

• In my late teens, despite being 6'3, very broad shouldered, sporting a fair amount of facial hair (we're talking full mutton chops here), deeply voiced, and generally wearing a lot of heavy clunky men's clothing.. I still managed to get misaken for a women because I had a poney tail. And apparently that's all the gender signifier elderly people in rural Herefordshire or Camarthen need. lol.

• Yeah I have, a few times actually.

But only when I style my hair..

One time a long time ago when I was
    on a school trip in Amsterdam.

We were living in a boat house, I was lying on a bed
    and one of my friends said that I looked cute
    like a girl, because I was lying the way I did. ^.^

• Yes, when i was like 10 or 11, i had hair down to my shoulders. I didn't really know how to make a style out of it, so i just git the front cut into bangs.

Also i was extremely fat so i had man titties. I only had one guy refer to me as a "she", but I'm sure he wasn't the only one who mistook me for a girl.

But a year or two later, i got my hair cut, lost a lot of weight, and started to grow stubble. (Yes, i began to get facial hair in my early teens... i was a bit of an early bloomer).

• I used to have very long righteous hair so, seen from behind, I was occassionaly mistaken for a girl.

• That's never happened to me before. The closest thing would be my orthodontist telling me I had the jawline of a woman

• Yes, i hate when people call me ma'am on the phone i want scream

• Only when I was a child and talking to people on the phone. I had a girlish voice as a kid and people would sometimes call me "mam" over the phone.

• For at least until my 12 years, people would say i was a cute girl.
    "owww look what a cute girl" "Am a boy !!!"

• When I was like 12 I had quite long hair and so... yeah...

• I mistake females for 12 year old boys all the time in voice chat on gta 5.

• My real name is kinda girly , so yeah, usually happened when i am waiting on public places

• Yea, when I was like 8 months old

• No. Even when I had longish hair. I guess my shoulders are too broad.

• All the damn time.

• No, I haven't.

• yea iv been called a god quite a few times

• no, i'd make a shit woman in every way

• Only once when I was like 9. Before I had my deep ass voice.

• Nope. Fortunately. :D

• i dont have a beard but im guess my body and my face looks like a man face

• Only on the telephone and when I was a kid.

• Or even worse, transgenders. I mean do you say man, or woman?

• They are the gender they identify as a man who transitions into a woman is a woman and vice versa

• When i worked for ups as a driver helper i worked with a female driver and it was hilarious whenever she would be mistaken for a man. She didn't look super feminine and she had a raspy voice, but she always responded with an annoyance. She called one guy ma'am like four times until he cought on. Some people she just ignored, it was funny tho.

• lol no sir

What Girls Said 14

• Yes once... i was travelling in bus... sitting on a ladies seat... when one lady touches me and asks to get up and give her the seat since it was ladies seat... then i asked her are you blind or retard? Lolll... that point and time my hair was too short... kindof like a boy cut... maybe honest mistake by her or not.. it wasn't embarrassing but funny and little irritating

• It happened a few times until I was 14-15, because of my short cut hair and the lack of girlish forms.

• Yeah, I have been, I had all of my hair tucked up under a cap and was wearing like a men's XL shirt, so it wasn't really surprising :P

• No, I cannot say I have. I don't see how anyone could ever mistake me for a man. I have no masculine features whatsoever.

• Never people can easy tell I'm a girl.

• No I'm a pretty girly girl

• I don't think so. At least never knew if that happened. But I doubt it, my hair and my body show that I'm a girl, I guess xD

• No, that never happened to me.

• Lol. No, never xD

• No I have not

• Only on the internet lol

• not that I can remember.

• No, but during summer classes my friend had her phone out and a teacher said "put your phone away young man". And she put it away and sat there for like 5 minute and she looked up at me and said "And then I realized, I, was a woman". Lol.

• when i was little :(

other kids would flat out ask me "are you a guy or a girl?" ... :(
    i just loath my childhood and im glad its over (that question was just one part of it)