Is it safe to leave a second story window open at night while you sleep?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No I don't think so. It would have to be higher up. If you're struggling with heat, get a fan.

What Guys Said 9

• When I camp out I leave everything open. That's kind of the point. :)

At home I leave the first story windows open. A lot of times I leave the doors open (with screen doors). When the temperature is right I let in as much air as possible. I have lived places I wouldn't leave the doors open, but I think only one place I wouldn't leave first floor windows open. I can't imagine living anywhere I wouldn't leave 2nd story windows open.

• Depends a lot on your location, the neighborhood you live in, crime rate, etc. If you're concerned and you are allowed to, you might want to look into having iron bars installed on your window so you can open it but people can't get in.

Or a dog.

• The mosquitos will love you. :)

• Depends on where you live.

• I do it all of the time.

• In my area, i do that all the time. Love fresh air as I sleep. 8-)

• I do. The only thing that invades my home is bugs.

• Well, if you're worried about spiders or ninjas attacking you in your sleep...

• no because then a creep like me would come in lol men are pigs ;)

What Girls Said 3

• No! Because...

He climbin' in yo windows, he snatchin' yo people up! Tryin' rape 'em so ya better hide yo kids, hide yo wives... And hide yo husbands becuz they rapin' everybody out here!!

• Depends on where you live.. But better be safe than sorry..

• if you sleep walk, don't do that