What would you do/say if your kid was crying and said that people said he/she looked ugly and made fun of his appearance?

would you prefer that your kid never told you this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him/her if he/she thinks that he looks good , then dgaf about others' opinions. If u dont like your own looks then change it !

What Guys Said 9

• Eh, If my child was ugly, i wouldn't tell them the bulshit of ''oh you're not ugly'' blah blah blah,

I'd try and help them improve on themselves so they didn't get bullied anymore.

Because, at the end of the day, ugly people get bullied in school, and that will ALWAYS stay the same just as it ALWAYS has been.

• nothing I can do but comfort + ice cream

really wish it had happened right in front of me

• I would get down to the bottom of whose doing the bullying and get justice so it's taken care of no child should have to encounter that type of behavior from anyone

• Hugs and kissez 😢😢😢 don't worry you will be just like this ubgly duckling you will grow inti a beautiful swab just wait :3

• Tell him to stop being a little bitch and come to the gym with me...
    If it was a girl I would hug her tell her she is beautiful and take her to get her hair done and buy her a bunch of new clothes

• When you tell your son to just suck it up and be a man and all that shit, you might as well just say you don't care that he's being bullied. Doesn't sound good for his emotional development. It's no wonder why people come onto this site complaining that guys aren't in touch with their emotions or that they can't express emotions properly because their parents enforced the whole "don't be a pussy/bitch" bullshit.

• I didn't have a dad to tell me this...
      I wouldn't tell him to stop being a little bitch lol that's extreme I admit
      But I would tell him looks don't matter as much for men and encourage him to come to the gym
      Or let's say he had Crooked teeth I would get him braces etc

I don't know I was bullied for my crooked teeth, I never cried about it. I would just tell those kids to shut up and move on

• Comfort him/her as best i could, then inform the school board.

• I'd say: You're a grown up now (lie). Those people are just idiots (lie). Don't listen to them (lie). They are just astral projections that are meant to confuse you (truth).

• My kid's won't be ugly and If they did think this, I'd just tell them to talk to their mother.

• give them a hug and make them feel beautiful as a parent you have to take care of the emotional needs of your kids

What Girls Said 10

• No I wouldn't prefer if my kid never told me this. I need to know what they are doing, and feeling at all times. I need to know what's bothering them and what is making them feel upset or uncomfortable

I would cheer them up, tell them many ways in which they are beautiful, and how their personality is beautiful too. Then help them with their strengths and weaknesses because that matters way more than appearance.

Explain to them that appearance doesn't say anything about a person, it's just how they look.

I would tell them to never judge a person by religion, race, gender, appearance, etc.

• I don't know what I would do. I'd be furious.

• I'd go over there and tell them off if there're faults and if they were kids I'd get my kid to stand up to them

• I would tell them that it's just another person's opinion and it shouldn't get to them because another person might think differently... fuck the haters

• I would hug the kid and tell him/her to not worry, the issue might change over time.

• I'll confront those m'fuckers

• "F*ck them, it's not worth crying becauae of some jealouse a**holes, plus, beauty will fade one day and the only thing which remains is intelligence."

• Well if I didn't believe they were ugly I'd tell them they were wrong and comfort them but if they were I guess just try to make them feel better.

• Why would I prefer they never told me?

I'd smack those kids in the face, LOL. I'd talk to their parents so they can teach their kids a lesson.

• I'd tell my kid to show me those people and I'd beat the living shit out of them.

More serious answer: yes, I'd definitely want to know. I would never want my child to feel like s/he can't tell me things, or to hide things from me. I would comfort my kid and tell her/him that some people are idiots and that whatever idiots say never is of any value.