How many pets have you had?

I've had three dogs and an indeterminate number of fish. Our dog died today in his sleep, poor guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• So sorry to hear about your dog!!

In total (bearing in mind while I lived with my nan... she basically ran a shelter from her home)

52 cats
    8 dogs
    3 chinchillas (1 passed away today ;_;)
    Gawd knows how many fish
    2 owls
    4 ducks
    A goose
    A crow
    14 rabbits
    2 guinea pigs
    And a goat

And I had/have various snakes and spiders.. but lost track a long time ago lol

Oh and my little pup^

Most Helpful Girl

• In the past:
    2 dogs
    2 cats
    5 fish

Currently:
    2 puppies
    1 cat
    14 chickens
    1 cow (he's from a bigger herd that we have on our farm but this is a baby I take care of specifically).

Even though some of these are farm animals, I still count them as pets since I take care of them every day and they all have names. Lol

• I like cows! They're fuzzy.

• He was very sick! Dying in his sleep seems like a good way to go.

• Yeah, I'm sure it was painless for him which is good.

What Guys Said 11

• I've had 4 pets, all dogs. 2 of them died awhile ago, but I have 2 dogs still alive. Here are my favorite pictures of them all.

Buddy -- my first dog. New Foundland mutt. Super chill dog and drooled a ton.
    http://oi60.tinypic.com/110jar5.jpg

Speed -- about a year younger than Buddy. Lasted a few years longer. He liked chewing plastic bottles and would pop off caps of closed water bottles and stuff lol. Named speed because he was paranoid and his eyes made him look like he was on drugs.
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/24muj3m.jpg

Piper -- when she was a really little puppy. Now she is fat and nicknamed "twinky"
    http://oi59.tinypic.com/w8wdwg.jpg

Belle -- Belle is the dog on the left, getting punched. She is super hyper and plays rough xD
    http://oi60.tinypic.com/2nak946.jpg

• I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. I know that they can become like a family member and it is a very real loss to suffer.

• Two parakeets and one cat.
    First parakeet flew away.
    Second parakeet got sick and died literally in front of my eyes.
    The cat went for a walk like always but never came home. Searched and couldn't find.

• Many Dogs before and racing ones as well

• Greyhounds?

• Oh that's nice! My parents have a retired Greyhound as well. They got her through a special greyhound rescue that deals with retired racers. Many of the dogs who don't get rescued or find "forever" families are put down :(

• Well thats great. Yeah thats the sad part of it i take no part in that and all my Dogs I take home when they retire

• 2 fish
    1 dog
    About 15 more fish
    2 dwarf hamsters
    1 more dog

• 6 dogs since growing up, now I have 3. Suppose to be only 1 but my dogs a slut, she has at least 2 litters a year and I love puppies! I also have 4 saltwater fishes and 2 clownfish.

Sorry to hear about your dog..

• He was very old and sick.

• My friend's dog was run over a few months ago. They live out in the countryside - her collar was knocked off when she was hit so the girl who hit her went door to door until she found the house. Poor kid - apparently she was only 17 or so.

• That's sweet of her, not a lot of people will do that.

• 9 pets, not including over a dozen fish.

• 4 cats, 1 fish. 1 cat died, the fish died, 2 cats ran away, I still have 1 cat left. If something happens I'll never get another cat they do grow on you

• I have a cat at work

• I have 4 hamsters that were my very own

• None but I wish I had a lizard or could have a lizard.

What Girls Said 11

• Two turtles
    A hamster
    A rabbit
    4 cats
    And 8 dogs total

Two of the dogs didn't hang around long. One we found and the stupid owner found out where he was, the dog ran away from them and was whining when he was taken from us. Ugh.

The the other one my father took from me, claiming he would keep him for me but he lied and gave it away to some strangers who knew his ex girlfriend

Ew

All animals deserved to die in their sleep. It saves you the pain especially so you dont have to have them put down -_-

• iv had... 7.

a bunny, 2 birds and 5 dogs.

• Over the course of my life I've had 7 dogs (I have dog #7 right now), 1 hedgehog (also a current pet), 1 canary, and various fish.

Sorry to hear about your dog. :(

• I've probably had about 30-40 fishes now as we used to buy 8-10 tiny fish, 1 garbage fish to clean up their poop, and multiple brands of different types of fish in our tank. Right now we have a 14 year old dog that we got about 6-8 weeks after it was born. We plan on putting it to sleep next year.

• Is the dog ill? Ours had fairly advanced cancer (so we weren't surprised when we found him).

• Its not ill but after 15 years - they usually die from old age. The average lifespan is 15 years.

• One of our dogs lived until she was 17. She was perfectly healthy up until the last six months of her life.

• I've had a LOT of cats. Let's just leave it at that. I would never be able to guess the correct number.

• A cat & 7 birds loool 3 died though but not because of the cat, the cat ended up running away :)

• My condolences for your loss today.

My family has had a total of 5 dogs and 8 fish. I've only had one red beta fish by myself, in my flat during college.

• I've had 14 horses, four dogs, a hamster, and a bird all at once.
    still have the horses but no more dogs or hamsters or birds. We plan on getting our daughter a kitty soon (:
    Sorry about you dog):

• 1 dog
    6 cats
    1 bird
    5 calves
    2 cows
    9 horses
    1 pig
    10 quails
    5 ducks
    16 chickens
    3 roosters
    I can't remember the others lol

• Just one fish.

• 1 dog growing up