Are White Males really responsible for everyones problems?

• yes
  • no
  • everyone is responsible for themselves

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean... if you want to bring it ALL the way back to like the 1500's when Europe was all about exploring and taking over and stuff... yeah, the majority of people who did that were white men. BUT you can hardly blame THEM for little 5 year old Suzi who didn't make it to the ice cream truck on time over in California last Friday. That's no one's fault but Suzi's.

• Your right. Nobody holds it against muslims for all their conquests against the Christian world killing and enslaving millions a thousand years ago. Its time we moved on.

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop blaming my people for all your problems. Deal with it yourselves.

What Girls Said 11

• People from the past are responsible for causing issues that are present today. No, it isn't the people of today's fault for what ignorant people of the past taught or set in place. To be more specific, for example most all black schools in the US still don't have equal education opportunity as predominately white schools because of segregation in the past. Schools are technically still "segregated" today. This isn't the fault of people in the present, we're still trying to fix things done in the past as a nation today.

• The basic, simple assumption that "white males are responsible for everyone's problems" is quite insufficient, poorly constructed, and has a tone of blatant sarcasm. However, the reality is that white males in America have been a parasitic presence towards various cultures and ethnic groups since they got here resulting in problematic reality which they contribute to.

• Im sorry but you seem to be a very bland over emotional person with mental problems please refrain from commenting further.

• Yes once again find another question to spew your vile rants.

• It's not a vile rant, sweetie. You asked a question so I answered and instead of addressing my valid comment, you derailed the focus towards trying and failing to smear my character.

• In that they benefit most from the current power structure, yes. Did they create the power structure? No. Is it their fault the power structure exists? No. But they are responsible for using their position of power to change the existing structure to make it more equitable.

• yes, yes they are. #generalisation168

• "Generalisation" I have noticed you generally use that word for everything. I recommend a dictionary.

• why would i if i know what it means?
      unless u didn't get the sarcasm in my response.

• I guess the schools are to blame.

• They used to be in the past, nowadays though I believe it's mostly people causing their own problems..

• I blame the fashion industry for promoting bad role models.

• For the past, yes, those that were in power and had the most wealth and leverages were male and white and racist.

Currently, no not really, everyone has equal opportunity but shit happens

white guys are just like any guys in the world
    we are all equal

• as true as me saying im a white male

• LOL I'm laughing at the question in general.

• Everybody is responsible for dealing with their own problems

• I don't blame white men for my problems and I do not care about what they think. I don't even date white men. They are boring to me so why do I care

• I suppose I can get boring being with a faithful man who doesn't cheat and give you a busted lip for talking back. White guys are pretty boring, I mean must white dudes have never been to prison or committed a violent crime. Good point anon talks for commenting on my question.

• *men

• Why are you trying to insult my intelligence by lying about not mentioning black men?
      I just quoted what YOU typed

"Two out of every three black men have been or are going to jail".
      You also were the first to menthol black men and jail. It's obvious you have some hate towards black men because I never mentioned black men or jail and I never mentioned anything about race and crime. You wrote that

What Guys Said 24

• This is generalising and not true. Everyone has problems and everyone is responsible for their own problems. This is not to say people can't ask for help from other people and advice but there is only so much help anyone can give. The only person that can change a person is that person themselves.

• In the modern age? Nope.
    Historically? Does it matter?
    You can blame anyone you feel like with a bit of a twist. Religious extremism in Europe was a response to pressures from the violent expansion of the muslim world. International slavery started when the Ivory Coast slavers started taking dutch sailors as slaves etc etc etc.
    I'm not religious but I think the bible put it quite well:
    "The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him." -King James Version

• At a micro, personal level - no of course not.

But at a macro, global level? - mostly yes. The main exception I can think of is how Queen Victoria completely screwed Asia over to fuel and expand her drug empire, leading to decades warfare and poverty throughout the region. So I guess some of the world's biggest problems are the fault of white women too.

• +1 Brilliant point. White people seem to be so eager to pretend that whites have not been consistent with having a parasitic effect on various groups of people.

• As a black American guy, I have to say no. What makes u say that?

• Lol I'm not surprised most of the people who voted yes we're women

• Well, i know that some are responsible for some of the big achievments of human history, so they can do good things too ; )

• Kind of, but it has nothing to do with them being either white, or male.

• Of course we are!!! and it's awesome!!!

• You're generalizing, and everyone is responsible for their problems.

• It seems that in the USA, it's recognized that only white men have moral agency.

• I highly doubt that I am personally responsible for anyone's problems

• I'm sorry for any accidents and natural disasters that were caused by the way my pale boy skin reflects the sunlight.

• Does pale skin not absorb sunlight. Is it not a genetic mutation from the age to soak up more rays in a climate with little sunlight.

• Guess I ought to be tarred and feathered for being a white male. You know... since I caused all that genocide and sexism and all that nonsense. =/

• Personal problems are on the person not any specific group or other persons

• It honestly disappoints me how many people said yes. Like really people, are you all retarded?

• historically yea they kinda are

• I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, baby.

• Nope I think pride is responsible for everyone's problems

• Im actually pretty surprised that 27% of the voters are stupid enough to think they are.

• why do you think there responsible?

• No... but the ones responsible for everyones problems just happen to be mostly white males.

It's the 1% fucking over everyone else - stop blaming me!

• Yeah, they introduced advanced technology, medicine and crops and look at the overpopulation it caused. The world would be so much better with subsistence farming and an average life expectancy of 20 years.
    Look at the horrible results of the slave trade. If they had never been transported out of Africa the tens of millions of black people in the Americas would be much happier never having been born because Africa couldn't have supported them and their ancestors would have died in one of the periodic famines.

• Everyone other than white males seem to think so (except for maybe "nice girls" attempting to ingratiate themselves with white men).

• Sounds like something black people would think of us when people are responsible for their own actions these days

• *ahem* ferguson and Baltimore *ahem*

• @Opinion Owner Ahhh, you're right. I misread your tone. So he was clearly mentally ill and had misplaced anger towards a group of random, complete and total white strangers on a train. Still that is not a direct correlation with all or even most Black people. Has someone actually said that to you or are you generalizing, stereotyping, and making assumptions about the way Black people think?

• @Esplorare no I wasn't generalizing , I was bringing up an incident how some think but I know all to well how most think since I have been married to a black woman for 16 years and her family treats me fine but I hear a lot of things they have thought about white people but know now the difference and see I'm not a racist