My new African guy teached in America for two years and said that he couldn't understand why Black Americans were so lazy. Why does he think this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because there's some truth to it. People who live in American cities tend to be poorer and lazier and many black people live in the cities. Most of the people who have been fired at my office have been black, and the number one reason behind the firings was falling asleep on the job or severe under performance. Still, it isn't fair to suggest that they are all lazy. I do know plenty of black people who work as hard as anyone else. Some of them give the rest a bad reputation.

Most Helpful Girl

• He must met a lot of blacks there.

• He taught as substitute teacher in a few schools.

What Guys Said 4

• Because a lot are. A lot look for government handouts

• It's all about Sociology, and what the cultural "norms" are between the two countries.

• The Africans I knew in college said the same things. They saw America as full of opportunity and relatively little prejudice compared to the black on black tribal prejudice of Africa

• At work there were a few blacks from different countries. They made a point to be sure it was known that they aren't "American Black"
    Unfortunately as you wrote & that's where a lot of the gun/gang violence comes from.

What Girls Said 2

• any place have good and bad people
    some people are lazy and some are not
    every where

• Because most foreigners view Americans (as a whole) lazy

• He just says black Americans not the whites of Asians.

• Nope, it's actually the opposite, well, at least where I'm from we always put America and Americans as an example of a hard-working nation and people.

• I am an American and I view us maybe not as lazy in terms of hard labor but intellectually we are become lazy in my opinion which eventually spills in to general laziness.