Who's better at lying: Men or Women?

I think women are better at lying, they're more creative when they lie.

I'm not good at lying, people can know i'm lying because I get nervous or start laughing for no reason, I'm a bad liar :P

• Men
  • Women

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe lying is a trait of person independent of gender. The more appropriate question would be who lies the most - men or women. Whatever may the answer be, the opposite of that would be the answer to this question because they get caught less.

Most Helpful Girl

• I strongly think it's down to the individual, not the gender

What Guys Said 36

• I have mixed feelings about this question - I think there are levels of untruths - It depends on your definition of lying - To me lying is towards the more deceitful end of the untruth scale, I think men are more prone to that but the everyday stuff I think women are likely to do that.
    Probably because I am so bad at telling untruths, I don't do it or see point of it. Things like that literally confuse me so that is why I can't give a straight answer.
    img.picturequotes.com/.../...s-forever-quote-1.jpg
    encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images
    img.picturequotes.com/.../...the-facts-quote-1.jpg

• I think women are better at lying. I voted this because when it comes to covering up cheating and stuff women are better at it than men. However I am not saying cheating is ok it is not. Lying is nothing to be proud of. Any woman that was lying to me about anything major like cheating would be dumped on the spot. I think I personally am more tuned into when women are lying and pick up on signs more than many other men do. This is why women get away with it less with me as I understand the way their minds work very well.

• I dunno, it's not like I ever went around and like, counted this shit out or something.

I just know I'm a pretty damn good liar though. I've spun some pretty detailed lies in a matter of seconds. I have no idea where I got that talent though, my parents are uber honest people.

• Woman, cause they get tons of practice lying about their true age.

• I think women have more potential to be better liars.

Their beauty is more likely to blind men. They have better language skills and are better at manipulating emotions and using them to their benefit.

• Men are definitely better at this. The percentile of CEOs that are men is way higher than women. Why is this important? On average most CEOs are psychopaths, to get to where they are, they have to be pathological liars. Statistics speak for themselves guys.

• men lie the most women tell the biggest lies.

• I think it's safe to say that women usually have more empathy than men do. Part of lying is thinking about what you're saying from the perspective of the listener and whether they can be persuaded to trust you at that point in time.

• I don't know, I just know I am. No one would resist if I used my power for evil xD

• Haha I'l say men but... now you'll be convinced I'm lying? 8) 8)

• O defiantly women.

• Women are better at lying than men are i agree

• Women are better overall in my opinion, they are more careful and less reckless on average than men.

• I agree with you Clarisa ;D

• The truth of the poll lol.

Majority men say women are better at lying.

Majority of women say women are better at lying.

So I guess that means women are better at lying, right, or does it?

(Read between the lines)

• Women. Men are way too direct, blunt and blatant to be as good of a liar as women.

• Women lie about periods and menstruation as they should to cover it up.. lol

• Women - hands down. But guys try more often, so the odds favor them.

• I'm a good liar, been at it all my life. The trick is to convince yourself it's true.

• Men. We lie about everything.

Not everything. Forget I said that.

• I pride myself on my manipulation abilities.

• Woman are mental ninjas
    But there is a saying. "Woman can fake orgams but men can fake love"

• I think women are better at lying, and men are better at being silent/ not disclosing

• im fairly good at lying just because i understand common detections of a lie and how to avoid them, but damn... have i been lied to by so many women

• Better at lying is the honest person, whether they're a man or a woman.

• I rarely lie but I'm good at it when I need to.

• I think it's men, women squirm when you suspect a lie and have a good look at them.

• Politicians are good liars.. Doesn't matter what gender, or back-ground..

• youtube. com/watch? v=LJviK2YEBMU <-- This

• Both genders lie generally speaking

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 14

• There's no way to say for sure. Think of it this way: Brad Pitt and Meryl Streep are both phenomenal actors which is basically lying in a more honorable, admirable way. I wonder how many times the undiscovered "Brad Pitts" and "Meryl Streeps" of this world utilize their natural gift in their every day lives...
    Genital has nothing to do with it.

• I feel like women tell more lies to keep the peace. Like "omg of course that skirt looks cute on you!" or "Don't tell your dad, but..." are really common. But like... bigger lies... ehhh that feels more like 50/50.

• women are super evil. not just to their men. but to other women as well.

• ima say women in general.

• It's the guys, who knows how to bluff, pretend and then disappear when the girls expect them to respond.

• I'm a good liar, and I can manipulate too xD

Anyway, I don't know who's the best at it, because every person is different

• Women! I'm the biggest liar lol

• Women hands down

• I think women are better at lying :/

• Men, ofcoarse :P

• i think it depends on the individual. but if we are generalizing then i'll go with women

• I've met my fair share of liars from each sex. Depends on the person.

• Women are better at lying
    If a guy lies it's so obvious that even the wall could tell me he was lying too

• Women. But then again since we┬┤re smarter and freakin good at it you probably won't be able to tell