Who thinks it's okay to feed a cat a vegetarian diet?

I'm just curious since I study animal nutrition and I want to know how aware people are of this.

• It's okay
  • Hell no
okay, the 9 people who think it's okay to only feed your cat veggies, I hope your cat has outdoor acces because it'll die otherwise (it'll hunt for meat). Cats who get no meat will die because of taurine, vitamine A and argenine deficiences, which will result in heart disease, blindness, etc. It will not immediatly kill your cat (a few weeks to a few months depending on the cats body storages and if the feline can catch a mouse every now and then behind your back).

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope! Cats' digestive systems aren't designed to break down vegetables. Meat is their natural diet.

What Guys Said 6

• Don't force your belief's on animals they need the nutrition from meat

• that's fine, just give it fish all day.

• We have cats in public that eat everything and stay healthy. They drink tea, milk, eat egg, vegetables (cooked), potatoes and other cooked edible cooked stuff.

• egg is a very good protein source which has a better biological value then meat :D cooked vegetables are better digestible for cats then raw ones, but will not provide them with the sufficient nutrients that cats need to stay alive. Also, public cats will hunt for mice and birds, so you already know they don't live on a vegetarian diet.

• Yeah true. Good info you provided. Now i will also eat it, because i am cat. Meow

• So don't let animals eat other animals? To save animals? But animals are designed to eat other animals. If your cat was as big as you, he would have no problem eating you. Woulden't even say grace. Stop this madness and eat your cat.

• Whatever you feed a cat. will still always be hungry.

• I think you will have a very unhappy cat.

What Girls Said 3

• You could really fuck up your pets digestive system like that. Cats are carnivores, they're suppose to eat meat, and to the three people who said it's ok I hope you never own a carnivorous pet.

• well i don't know much about this but i think cats live off meat. they are animals afterall. they need meat for energy and protein and shit like that lol. i think it would be just as easy to go buy a bag of cat food rather than making sure it's all vegetarian anyway

• The hell no!