How would you handle kids messing up your store with no parents?

We've been getting these group of kids about ages 9-12 maybe coming into our store and leaving big messes wherever they go and they don't buy anything. They have no parents around to watch them either.

how would you handle this if you were an employee?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would call the police. Obviously these are homeless children because children who were raised by adults would never act this way. See how embarrassed their parents are when CPS shows up on their doorstep to talk to them about their parenting and how their children are being mistaken as wards of the state.

• Are you sure @Prettygurl12 I have witnessed some absolute monsters even when the parents are nearby. Total lack of any discipline or respect for anyone or anything. I favour my opinion and a 12 bore is the only answer or a length of stout rope

• I love this!!! The last thing any parent wants is cps in their lives, especially bad parents lol.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd ask the children if they had parents. Then I'd have security page their parents to come get them and explain that their children can no longer come into your store unsupervised.

• well its a small store with no security and their parents were not there at all. it's like they were walking home from school by themselves and just decided to come in and ransack the place.

• I would ban them from the store and tell them you'll call the police if they return. If that doesn't scare them, I don't know what will?

• grab them and sit them somewhere with security until someone comes and gets them

• i would call the manager and let him/her handle it.

What Guys Said 2

• I would first try to just talk to them and say not to do that. If they keep it up then I'd be like where are your parents so we can talk to them, odds are that can work with the 9 year old at least. Oh and I'd tell them that next time I'll call the cops and bring their parents into the picture that way.

• 12 gauge works quite well

• Sadly, scaring brats with firearms is against the law... someone ought to change that...

• I wasn't meaning scaring them either and the law should be changed to allow for an open season