What the fuck is wrong with me?

The past few days I've been feeling REALLY down and unhappy, I'm pretty sure it's because school/hell is just around the corner and that makes me anxious af. I was fine in June and July, everything was cool, but now it's back to the old days. I get these random moments when I can't stop crying bc of my life, and something that's a first for me and what this question is about is that sometimes I get these small panic attacks (I guess?) when I LITERALLY CAN'T BREATHE when I think about my future and that's what worries me, it's a horrible feeling, it's really scary. That's never happened to me before. What the fuck is wrong with me? How can I stop that fucking shit? I don't wanna die o_o

Most Helpful Guy

• These things are all bottling up inside and it's resulting in Panic Attacks, Anxiety
    this is total normal reaction to stress, thoughts of school yes it all contributes
    to how you are feeling , I do hope you feel better and remember your not alone
    cause I know how you feel i been there so many times.

• Thanks a lot! I hope it will pass

• Thank you, you're so sweet! I wish you the best for you too!

• Awe thank you and your welcome :D

Most Helpful Girl

• R u about to start college?

I didn't feel it right away. Only a few months after being in college.

It means u do worry about ur future and it is normal, since many responsibilities will come with taking care of urself and studying in college.

My case may be a bit different from urs though.

My advice is: even if it isn't easy, u xant let urself b consumed by these feelings. I did and I was like that for a few years.

U need to start setting goals. Focus on small steps that u need to complete to get where u r. It is so normal to feel overwhelmed, but know that sometimes we make thibgs out to b bigger than they r.

U can do it. This is what u need to believe in, bcause it is true.

Live in the present, focused in what u want to achieve in a near future (example what u want to achieve for the day). This is the best way not to feel overwhelmed.

Even if u dont feel like doing something u know is good for u, break through the bad feelings. They r there just to hold u back from doing what u really need to do to get to where u want to b.

Feeling fear is so human. You just can't let urself to b consumed by it. It isn't worth it, trust me. Because sooner or later u will have to stop being afraid and better to do it sooner than later.

If u feel like further talking about it, feel free to PM me.

I don't know if i will b able to help, but i know what u r feeling because of my personal experience.

• To get where u want to be* sorry 😑

• Oh. So basically its the same fear. Different situation. Fear of failing and having ur chances of getting far from home taken from you.

It makes sense, since this is ur last year nd u feel like u can't go wrong.

• Yes, exactly! :(

What Guys Said 11

• You are overly stressed or depressed about something that happened in your past. You need to find something that relaxes you: unwind. If you're taking too many classes, then drop 1 or 2. There is time. The turtle wins the race. Slow and steady. Don't burn yourself out.

Also,
    "When we think about the past, we get depressed. When we think about the future, we get anxious. Learn from the past, but leave it there; plan for the future, but leave it there; live in the present."

• Have some chocolate.
    Sit on a couch.
    Warm water.
    Close eyes.
    Find someone to give ye a good temple message.

• You're extremely stressed out and perhaps a little depressed. I would honestly try tackling whatever problem is troubling you as it seems to be the root of your negatively. What aspect of your future are you worried about? What can you do to change things? These are the kind of questions you should ask yourself. Good luck!

• whooooooo... life may seem an uncontrolled mess but please remember you are young and there is absolutely nothing wrong with not being totally sorted by 18, i certainly was not. life pans out, just focus and grab the chances you want to grab when they come along and they will

• easier said than done ehhhhh

• some you may, some you may not but please do not beat yourself so much at your age, honestly i wasn't remotely sorted at 21, let alone 18.

• I wish I could not beat myself up so much :( I feel like I'm just a kid, I shouldn't have all these feelings.

• Its called an anxiety (panic) attack. I think you can get medication for them. But there is nothing wrong with you, cuz i get em from time to time too.

• Thanks, but I can't afford any medication.

• That's fine. Just try to calm down and find a way to relieve yourself from stress and you will have them less often.

• I will try

• There is probably nothing at all wrong with you. None of us really know what life has in store. All you can do is make the best of what you have and try to plan for the future.
    Whatever doesn't kill you will only serve to make you stronger

• Don't be lazy, do all kinds of stuff. Read a book, take a walk, talk to people, just dont let your attention focus on the bad stuff. I've been in your situation. Write to me if you want to :)

• What is it in the future that causes you to panic? O_O

• That it will be nothing like how I want it to be and I won't achieve anything I want to.

• Cause it's me

• yeah yeah whatever

• Have ever talked to anyone about this?

• not in real life

• I don't wanna get into details.

• fair enough

• I really can't understand how you're feeling but know that you are gonna see your life through successfully. Stay happy, there are people worse out there

• I know there are people who are in worse situations, but I can't control how I feel, I wish I could, but I can't.

• Alright ehm so... relax.

*lamest advice ever but yes...*

What Girls Said 2

• That definitely sounds like a panic attack to me. Your anxiety based on school starting again and not being sure about your future (maybe?) are your triggers for these attacks. I've gotten them, too, and I know how scary they can be.

I've looked at this site in order to help me control the way that I am feeling, though that's easier said than done obviously: www.anxietycoach.com/overcoming-panic-attacks.html

Read through the advice listed on there and try to follow those steps as best you can if you feel another panic attack coming on. You have friends here, me included, if you ever need to talk, too. :)

• Thank you so much EmpatheticLady! <3 Appreciate that.

• You're more than welcome, my dear! <3 I've been feelin' down myself, so I definitely get it. Try to find activities that make you happy in the meantime. :)

• I'll try :) Might be hard, but I'll try.

• It most likely runs in your family. Oh well.