Is it weird to be shy about the topic of sex?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe "weird" is a bit too strong but I personally find it rather... unnecessary that people are shy about sex. I have grown up in a family (and in a culture) that deals with sex quite openly and I have never understood why some people (especially in North America) are so shy or prudish about it. I mean... there's hardly anything more natural than nudity or sex. It's not like you'd have to be embarrassed of having sex, it's not like your murdering babies in your backyard... so while I respect people's shyness towards the topic, I don't get it. To me, being shy about sex is like you telling me "I'm shy about enjoying to watch TV" or "I'm shy about riding my bike" It just doesn't make sense to me why anyone would have to be shy about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on who the topic is being discussed with.
    I would definitely not be comfortable taking about it with my parents

What Guys Said 10

• Nah, it's society that has taken what was to be private bedroom matters and made it so public and normal to discuss. But it's quite natural to be shy about it. It's a odd topic, an not everything about it is acceptable to everyone so it involves so many factors that it's almost as difficult to discuss as politics and religion haha. It's all about comfort lvl

• I used to be , then a GURL started talking about it openly , so I take it as a greenlight that it is socially acceptable to do so and I just had to loosen up a bit.

• Not to me ever :) <3

• No of course not, we're probably all a little shy to talk about that... it's a major step in a relationship :D

• Not at all...

• Not at all; some people are just shy about their sexuality or sexual topic or something

• No, it's totally normal, i don't like to be all about sex topics all the time I'm shy too

• Nope, I would not say weird, but if you want to be able to discuss Sex without feeling weird, practice makes perfect.

• I guess not but you shouldn't be

• Its not weird is more prudish in all its way.

What Girls Said 3

• No, not at all.

• Most people are honestly

• I think is normal to be shy about it. It's something personal.