Do you beleive in mermaids?

I beleive in them because 90% of the oceans haven't been discovered yet and legends have to come from somewhere.

This is making me want to live in the sea and it's sad that it's not possible. It would be so much fun to be swimming in the middle of nowhere trying to find mermaids. With the exception that there are no harmful creatures lurking around. (sharks, ect)

• Yes I beleive in them
  • No I don't beleive in them
  • Other/results

Most Helpful Guy

• Ever hear of the "burden of evidence"? There has to be some kind of evidence for mermaids to even be considered by scientists. If they actually existed we would have discovered their skeletons at some point.
    The reason scientists believe in some sea creatures they haven't seen yet is because there is physical evidence to support it. Like the colossal squid: scientists had never seen one but they believed it existed because they had skeletons and dead squids all over the place.

No physical mermaid evidence has ever been found. If you find some I'll believe you, but there hasn't been any evidence of mermaids, anywhere.

• Yes there has... I watched documentaries on them

• Was it "Monster Quest" by the History Channel? Or some other fake documentary? Anyway, there is no hard evidence for mermaids.

Most Helpful Girl

• So you believe that half human half fish people swim around under the water, but only because most of the cavernous area of the ocean are unknown to us.

Yeah the legends came from somewhere... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid

If they were in any way real, we would have found evidence of them by now, especially if they were capable of reaching the surface where people could see them.

*Eyewitness testimony is the lowest form of proof.

• :( I just wish I could see one, is that too much to ask?

What Guys Said 10

• if I do believe in them, im hoping for the good kind of mermaids, top half fish, bottom half human XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOLaTBMxmbk

LOL!!! a royal douche indeed bahahaa!

• Hahahha omg
      That's so weird

• yeah inorite. I can't just have foreplay and then fertilize some eggs. LOL XD

• 1.) All of the "sightings" have been hoaxes use to gain popularity and money.
    2.) The chances of them looking like we imagine are slim to none.
    3.) We can't base our logic of "we can't disprove indefinitely, therefore it exists." We must base it off the past patterns. If they existed, chances are that someone would've had an encounter with them and took a picture. Like a legit picture. Maybe accidental discovery, maybe finding bones, maybe finding a mermaid that escaped and made it elsewhere-- who knows. Also nothing in the current marine life found suggests mermaids or creatures of similiar complexity anywhere in the ocean.

• As much as I believe in the Loch Ness monster. That sneaky bastard. There's only so many lochs he can hide in...

• Are you trying to say something? What do you mean?

• Yeah right

• Nessy! he doesn't like to be referred to as "monster" says Marshall Eriksen lol

• I believed in a Mermaid once. She said she just need to pop off to the bathroom and would be right back, and I believed her. Never saw her again. Knew something was fishy, the bitch.

• I suppose it is possible, but I highly doubt it. I think if there were humans have probably already whipped them out in ancient times

• Of course not lol

• I don't but my niece does.

• I know one.
    Her name is @puncakegirl

• Yes! I caught one in my fishing net and she tasted great! Lots of lemmon and pepper. They scream when you throw them in boiling water, but succumb pretty quickly.

• That's silly. Legends are nearly all made up. You can't think of something one day then expect it to be real just because you haven't seen evidence against it. Even if they do exist, if you think that by some magical chance that they happen to look exaxtly like what we made up then you're wrong.

And by the way.. ALL oceans have been discovered

• :( not the stuff inside the oceans

Almost 90% of sea creatures haven't been discovered and that's why I said 90% of the oceans haven't been discovered

• What the actual fuck. Calm down. No one asked you to change it and no one asked about your life.
      I did understand... that your wording was wrong

• Yeah... And that's honestly not my problem, it's Yours. Since you obviously seem to have a problem with me saying what I said.

PISS OFF

What Girls Said 8

• I used to! There is a "river" near where my aunt used to live and lots of stories about the river includes mermaid.

The one I remember is that long, long time ago, when poor people had weddings or just family parties, they used to go to the river and the nermaids would give them gold or silver plates, spoons, etc to serve the guests with.

Something happened, I think the people either stole the plates or I don't know but it made the mermaids upset and they never returned.

💙💙💙

• Is that a true story? And how old is that story? And why don't you beleive in them now?

• I have no idea.
      It is a really old story not recent.

Lol, I don't know. It just doesn't sound real.

But I like mermaid stories.

• I have to sea it to believe it. I can't just believe in something I don't know exist. That's stupid. Just because a place isn't discovered doesn't mean that there are mythical creatures that live there.
    Also its more than 95% of the ocean that's undiscovered.

• Well that's great. Now we have even more to discover and even more to imagine

• I was fascinated by them as a child. I wish they were real! I love to swim, so I wished I could be one.

• They are not real. They are creatures made by storytellers

• Who were sailors...

• Says cinderelli the real life mermaid ;)

• LOL.. this was cute.. let me check.. hmm.. yeah.. i have my legs.. haha.. @Toad-1 not sure for how long though.. :O

• You are so adorable. Under 18 anon 😆

• I soooooo want to. They're my favourite mythological creatures :3

• I know

I just wish I could see one

• Of course they exist.. otherwise there wouldn't have been so many books written about them ^^

• I believe in the possibility of their existence

• I just want to see one

• Might not like the sight of them though, they wouldn't look like Ariel lol but I want to see one too