Camera water damaged by rain?

So yesterday their was lighting and it was very heavy rain, where I live it is never rain, so I went out to capture some very unique photo oppurtunities, however during the rain camera started the lens going in and out constant then I went inside, and the camera would not stop unless i take battery out, however go on eaisly bu not switch of, what do you think has happened :?

Most Helpful Guy

• not sure, let it completely drain then see if it works fine. its no problem when water touches electrical circuit boards when they ARE NOT turned on. so just let it dry completely and try again.

What Guys Said 3

• Well at least you took the battery out, you should probably put in a thing of rice for a day and put battery in after and see if that works, if it doesn't then the electronics got shorted out

• but the battery works? it is the on of button as i not able to switch of as I can on

• Try tuner cleaner and lubricant spray , it comes in a little aerosol can, every electronics store has it, stuff works good for buttons and switches, you just spray it into the button area

• Sounds like water damage for sure

• I think the water screwed up your camera

What Girls Said 0