Is God ok with tattoos?

I am a firm believer in Christianity and want to get a few tattoos when I'm older. Is this ok to do in the eyes of God?

• It's fine
  • It's not ok
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the exact same boat as you are right now. Exactly the same... First I thought this had to be my question Lol.

Anyway, I think a lot about it and also prayed. Once, a friend of me told me something that is still stuck in my mind, though. Something what He said... with the New Testament came the many changes of rules and this one is one of them:

"I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but not everything is constructive"

I hope, that helps. You are a son of God. You have free authority -but not everything is good. There are some decisions we have to chose for ourselves - will it destruct me, or help me? If it will help/build you up; go for it. In the end, it is up to you.

• Thank you so much for the advice

• I would just think twice about doing it, since you will carry it along your whole life long. But if you will; make it up with God. It is like listening to music: some songs make you upset and are therefore not good for you, while others are pleasant and motivating in a very positive way. Our main goal is to have a solid relationship with God and no tattoo or sin or anything else in this world will be able to take that from you if you are determined to follow Him. So, be still^^

God bless you×× you'll know what to do.

• Many Blessings to you! Thank you

What Girls Said 4

• According to the Bible... no
    Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, not print any Marks upon you: I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:28 KJV

Or more clearly: Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:28 NIV

• But honestly I couldn't give two hoots about it... It's up to you dude, God gave us freedom and you can choose.

• I looked at the verse too, but it only added more confusion. At the time of those writings the Canaanites and Egyptians were the only example of "tattoos" the Israelites had. Egyptians used tattoos for their spirituality and ceremonies, and the Canaanites more mutilated themselves than "tattooed" themselves. It is speculated that by "mark" yourselves it means "don't slash your skin and scar yourself"
      It's just more to think about in my opinion

• Lol I think it doesn't care..

• Its a sin to mark up your body I believe

• Study the scriptures yourself. Don't let someone else determine your faith.

What Guys Said 5

• i don't see why not

• I don't think God approves of tattoos

• God don't care.

• i think your god will not be angry because of a tatto, it is like drawing is a sin to god.

• Why don't you ask him?

• Praying is good, but I would like the options of the people as well. I am still waiting for an answer. He will give me one when it is time

• I think it's okay.