Is it good to show off your wealth?

i just been looking at floyd mayweather the runner.. LOL... insta and damn he shows off his wealth a lot... ugh im jealous... should i show off too if i ever get rich? and do u guys get jealous when u see all the damn money and cars and watches he owns?

Most Helpful Girl

• No I think people who do that just seem arrogant and greedy

Most Helpful Guy

• the runner? lol

• yh if u saw the match against pac man

• yeah mang, in his next fight he's coming out to "i ran" by flock of seagulls! lol

• lmaoooo

What Girls Said 2

• If I meet a guy who flashes a lot of cash and expensive toys, I figure that means he's figured out that's his most attractive attribute and I move on. But then I've never had much desire to be any richer than I already am.

• No because its really prickish

What Guys Said 3

• Well, this is very much a cultural question. In my culture, it is considered very "lowly" and dishonorable (and also impolite) to show off your wealth. We have a lot of tourists from Russia, India, China and Saudi Arabia here in Switzerland and they looooove to show off their wealth and brag with it. What they don't get about it is that Swiss people don't care. We don't get jealous or impressed by this. In fact, it makes us think of these people as very rude. We understand the historical reasons why people from these (and other) countries want to brag about their money but we don't appreciate it. Showing off your wealth is generally considered rude and unworthy in continental Europe but in my country Switzerland, it's even much stronger than in other European countries (which is ironic since Switzerland is one of the richest countries in the world per capita). We even have saying in Swiss that goes "You don't talk about money - you simply have it". So it is not only rude to show your wealth in Switzerland, it is also considered unworthy to openly talk about it. Before I went to live in the USA as an exchange student, people from my travel organization told me that there are 3 things you should discuss with Americans: sex, religion and politics. In Switzerland, all these things are fine to talk about it. We're very easy-going about sex, we're not terribly torn apart politically and religion is not a big topic in central and northern Europe anyway. However, there's one topic that you should talk about with most Swiss people: personal finances. While in America, it's no problem to ask your friend what he earns, in Switzerland that's like asking your American neighbor to explain you what sexual fetishes he has. It just doesn't work. Swiss people like privacy a lot, which is probably why we came up with this whole idea of the banking secret.
    Personally, I like this quite a lot. I consider humility a big virtue and I can't take people serious who openly show off their wealth. It's not that I necessarily think they don't deserve their wealth, I just believe people shouldn't rub it under everyone's nose.

• no, that is good way to get robbed

• well he never gets robbed

• It's a good way to attract the wrong girls and friends.