Do you think Dylan Roof should be executed?

Also, are family and friends able to visit him in prison?

• Yes, kill him
  • No, everyone has the right to live
  • See results

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a death penalty person normally but when you have a clear cut case of a person being that worthless to society then there's no reason to pay for him to sit in jail on the taxpayers dime forever. Every one of the victims family members should have the opportunity to be given a gun (small caliber) and turn him into swiss cheese on a firing range. Slow, painful, messy death.

• They're good people, unlike him. They wouldn't do that.

• I get what you're saying and I'm sure they are good people who wouldn't do it. Just saying they should be given the opportunity. Perhaps I'm not a good person; if he killed one of my family members I would have no problem returning the favor. I'd sleep sound at night knowing I was responsible for taking his worthless life away. But that's just me.

Most Helpful Girl

• What he did was seriously terrible. I see-saw on the death penalty, because I believe the criminal should pay for his crime... but he needs to suffer for what he has done, and I don't know if killing him swiftly would be just. It seems like that would be an easy way out for him.

What Guys Said 14

• Don't kill him. I don't supporty death penalty, it's just a way to stop them from paying for the crime. He's young and he's gonna be in jail till he dies, he's gonna suffer way more in jail. There's lots of black people in jail, you think they don't know he's racist and what he did? They're gonna make him pay for what he did.

• I just read an article about that. He and a cop who shot a black kid are in cells next to each other. They're not allowed to be in contact with other prisoners because they're at high risk for revenge attacks—which you just described

• Execution doesn't have to be expensive. Just shove him off a cliff or something

• Hahahah yeah, if you use that method then it's much cheaper xD

• Damn right and why not #cluck his ass like a fucking chicken with an aluminum baseball bat to get it over with quickly? Heck, when all else fails they could always put a bullet in his head to save the taxpayer's money LOL. Since #bullets come a dime a dozen ^_^.

Before ya say "MIST YOU'RE SO MEAN"... think about it for a moment "HE'S ALREADY DEAD ANYWAY", right? We're just prolonging the inevitable since ole boy will die in prison HAHA

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• After #Hosing down 9 people why should/would we show him mercy? Hell why in the fuck didn't he #OFF himself like anybody with a brain would have done?

• I'm usually against the death penalty but mass killers and potential killers like this in my opinion are beyond rehabilitation.

• Yes friends and family can visit most people in proson. The exceptions are inmates who have lost their visiting privileges due to misconduct, and that's usually for a short amount of time.

• Don't kill him, death is a big punishment. Put him in jail, if he's not kept in sort of a quarantine, he will get beaten up.

• He is proctected from other prisoners. Guards know he'll be killed if they don't protect him. He's in SHU

• There's guys running around the streets in every city slum that have killed more than 9 black guys and they'd likely only get a nickle if the law ever caught up with them.

• I've never heard of him, what did he do?

• He shoot 9 people in a church bc they're black

• Well he took 9 lives for no reason, if you lock him up you take away his freedom but he'll still be alive and drawing some pleasure from life and I think he forfeited his right to that when he took those lives. Fry the fucker.

• The death penalty if cruel, barbaric and doesn't work as a deterrent. Never has.

• Maybe give him some sort of a trial first.

• Had to search this guy up. Yeah, execute him. The less trash in this world, the better.

• No, why? To give him the easy way out? Life in prison is worse, when you're dead, you don't have to worry about anything anymore. You don't sit in your grave and go "Oh fuck man, I never got a chance to go skiing" you just cease to exist.

• Why isn't he a terrorist? Instead he's "mentally ill".

• Not every criminal is a terrorist, this word is overused. He's racist

• But he is!

• Yes, he absolutely should die. A part of my is concerned that people who are anti death penalty are so unstable themselves, that they argue against punishment they feel one day they themselves could face. How else could anyone argue against the death penalty, for, say, people who murder other people? Or people who rape and murder small children? Should we suffer these people to live?

Only evil people are for extending the lives of monsters. Hiding behind cowardice in heir own hearts, over fear of evil they themselves may potentially commit. Examine your hearts and see if this is true.

• Executing him is an easy way out, give him life in prison.
    I'm sure he'll make lots of enthusiastic "friends" in there.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, he should be executed and every single one of those nine people's family members should be able to witness him have his life taken away. He walked into a church during bible studied, prayed with a group of innocent people for over an hour, then pulled out a gun and killed most of them simply for the color of their skin. He's absolutely disgusting and society shouldn't be forced to let him leach off of our tax dollars by him staying alive behind bars. He deserves the death sentence then he deserves to go to hell and suffer extreme trauma every single day.

• The families of the victims are the most forgiving, God-fearing and strong people I've ever seen. I don't think they'd want to witness a life taken away.

• Either way, executing that piece of sh*t will make this world a better place.

• I think he should be rotting in prison for the rest of his life. I much rather prefer someone serving a life-term than the easy way out by executing them.

• You have a point. He'll probably die in there and be paranoid until it happens

• to those inmates, that guy would be considered one of the lowest of low

• Good for him!👍

• I don't know who he is

• He shot 9 people in a church bc they're black

• He's a racist loser who shot 9 people at a church bc their black.

• He should be in prison for the rest of him damn life. And no one should be able to visit him.

• Never heard of him. What happened?

• Regardless it won't last :/ he will get killed in there if they dont keep him away from everyone else and then there mite be a gaurd who'll do it

• Give that punk the electric chair

• no, there are people who did way worse than him who are still alive right now.

• I don't even know what he did.

• He walked into an African American church, joined their bible study, chatted with people, suddenly pulled out a gun & killed 9 people.

• Yes I think he should then.