Girls, How do you swim on your period?

This is really embarrassing but how do I swim while on my period and I can't use a tampon because when k tried it hurt so bad and I can't go another day it has to be tomorrow it's a long story but please help

5

Most Helpful Girl

• You know how when you take a shower or a bath you're not leaking. It will stop for a while but I can't tell you how long. It could be anywhere from 15min-1hr possibly.

That'll be your only chance of swimming but you'll have to keep checking to see when it's back on and when to get out.

You know just go hop in the shower now and stay in there as as it takes until your period comes back on. Then you'll know exactlyhow much you'll have to stay in the pool. But take about 5 or 3min off of that because you don't want it to come back on while you're in your bathing suit.

What Girls Said 4

• I didn't ever go swimming when I'm on my period, not even with a tampon just because I'm so paranoid of something real nasty to happen 😅 so I really can't help you except from maybe saying just don't swim..

• Well.. I use a cup but if you can't even use a tampon... a cup is out of question.
    Do you know why it hurt? are you sure you're using the right size?

I had a friend who didn't use anything but... it' messy.

• A diva cup? Ew.

• You say "ew" now but after ten years of periods like me you will probably change your mind. I converted at least five friends and they thanks me all the time for it. it's a life changer but... I was using tampons when I was your age.

• You can't. The only way is using a tampon. Other ways are just irresponsible and gross. Just don't swim.

• I just don't. Too risky. An alternative to tampons is to use a mooncup, which I personally use, but I still wouldn't go swimming with it.