Girls, Are these unrealistic rules to lay down in my apartment because girlfriend is moving into my apartment?

-When she wants to invite family or friends to stay over for several nights or longer, she needs to ask me for my permission. It is unacceptable for her to make these arrangements without asking me

-When she wants to invite friends over, she has to let me know by text or phone

• Yes its too harsh
    32% (6)
  • Its harsh but its ok
    21% (4)
  • It isn't harsh
    47% (9)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

6

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't want to be your girlfriend. Do you tell her what to wear too?

• Is the first line ok thugh? she has to ask for permission to have people spend several nights at my house

• lol, if my boyfriend came to me with "rules" he would no longer be my boyfriend.

• @girlslie I know right?

What Girls Said 5

• Not nessarally permission but letting you know is fine, your not her father or something and if she is paying towards bills and stuff then you shouldn't expect her to need permission, letting you know is fine but needing to ask might make her feel that you are being controlling

• Is she paying rent? if she is then you just look a little wacko. what kind of grown woman has to notify that her friends are coming over and who has friends stay at their home for several nights at a time, tell those bums to get their own places. As far as family goes then you should tell each other if family comes and for how long.

• Is your girlfriend paying for the apartment too, or are you just paying the whole of it yourself?

• I am paying the rent and we share the bills like hydro and so on

• But what about requiring permission to invite people for several nights? For example, her iinviting her family to stay several nights

• It would be best if she asked you if you were okay with it but, honestly, if she's putting money into the apartment, then she doesn't really need to have your permission to do so. I wouldn't have family over without asking my boyfriend and his brother, and they'd do the same for me just because that's polite, but I know that if I wanted to, I would be able to.

• i think that the first one is acceptable but if you have asked her to move in she should be able to invite her friends over to hang out if she wants without needing to ask you... it's her apartment too now

• For the first point, I'm not sure I would use the word "permission" but I do agree if she (or you) are planning to have friends or family stay for a few days the other one needs to be told and it needs to be discussed.

As for having friends over for a couple of hours, do you mean when you're not even at home? Why do you want her to text or phone you? Do you not trust her?