Is it normal for me to be stressing over this and read the details it tells why I am stressed?

I have to learn 50 new pep band songs that are first trumpet in a week and I've only ever played second trumpet and the guy who was first trumpet quit band this year and so I have to learn them all on my own and there's some solos in there and I'm just stressing out because some of the high notes I can't even hit yet and I have be able to in a week ans plus my band teacher wants me to play French horn for a song and I've just learned how to play it and I've only played it once because the French horn is at the school. So is it normal for me to be stressing over this?

What Guys Said 1

• Feeling stressed when you have a great deal to do, and little time to do it in is quite normal.

However, it's a good idea to not let that stress effect your focus. Try to be calm, clear your mind and focus on what you need to learn using whatever tricks you know to help you memorize the material (at least from my experience, being stressed can cause inefficient work habits at times I believe).

50 songs however does seem like quite a few on top of learning how to play a new instrument. Band is supposed to be fun I thought, and not something you stress out over. Although it is of course understandable that you would want to do well, at the end of the day it's likely not that big of a deal.

What Girls Said 1

• yes its normal.