Im 5 foot tall and weigh 115, but my dad calls me "gorda" am I actually fat?

i didn't really think i was fat. "gorda " means fat by the way. and yeah thats what he calls me instead of my actual name. everywhere like its my actual name. why is he crushing my self esteem?

Most Helpful Guy

• BMI calculator says you are perfectly in the middle of the normal range. No idea why your father is telling you this. It's ugly behavior. My dad was the same way -- he supported us but he was rarely supportive. Sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• its just a term of endearment... im guessing he's hispanic.

What Guys Said 4

• What determines if you are fat is really your percentage of fat. Let's say you don't work out at all: It looks like you are around 20-25% body fat which is perfectly fine and sexy.

• He's just razzing you, stop being so sensitive.

Women are such babies jesus christ how do you guys even communicate without wanting to kill yourselves all the time?

• who said i wanted to kill myself? calm down

• That's not what I said, what I said was you bunch are hyper-sensitive and get offended far too easily so it's no wonder you don't have a mass suicide convention every year after basic interaction.

• Your father sounds like an idiot of the highest order. Have you ever discussed this with him?

• he knows i dont like it cause i dont always listen when he calls me that. but i have to because he won't call me by my name

• He's Being sarcastic because you are Not fat!!!

• its not sarcasm trust me, but thank you haha

• He should call you Flacca because you are thin, I Luv that 😉

What Girls Said 4

• Your not fat but you are chubby.

• How old are you? Since you're under 18 I assume you're still growing, so don't worry about it at the moment, as soon as you do you'll become thinner anyway so don't worry about what your dad says.

• At 5ft and 115 you know you're not fat. Just cause he calls you 'gorda' doesn't mean make it true or. Make you fat. He has issues. Talk to him about it and don't answer him when he calls u by that word. Make him call you by your name. Stop being so sensitive, ugh.

• no you're not fat at all. thats a decent weight for your height. he's being rude and insensitive