Can you really die from energy drinks?

Can you die from drinking to much energy drinks? I can see how. It has to do with the heart but how?

Thanks ^-^

Most Helpful Guy

• Energy drinks have diuretics in them. These cause the kidneys to lose fluid. The main ingredient that can kill you though is quite simply caffeine. The brain has a chemical in it that is involved with sleep. Energy drinks block this chemical causing the body to go into a state of rush. This is why the heart rate increases. If one drinks too much caffeine then this state of rush increases.

Yes people die from that. A famous captain from Deadliest Catch died from it (along with other stuff). I know a man who died multiple times (after drinking two cups of coffee and a 5 hour energy) before being brought back to life.

• 0-2 redbulls or rockstars every week is fine. Two or more within a hour is very dangerous. If you drink one give yourself about eight hours before you drink another. Also, do not drink one before exercising. Don't drink over two cups of coffee at one time either. I wouldn't.

• I used to drink Nos, but now I don't drink energy drinks. Every blue moon I might get Starbucks coffee, but that's it.

• Thanks for most helpful. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• If you consume them all the time over a long period of time, it's hard on you kidneys and stuff.
    And your heart immediately if you over do it

What Guys Said 1

• If you drank 200 redbulls I bet you'd be fucked.

• no not even close! I drink 0-2 redbull or rockstars every week. so im sure im fine! =)

• lol don't know how we got to redbull to cocaine but ok! XD

• Stimulants spread over time, making a point. lol

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, you can