What is your favorite quote by a famous person?

Most Helpful Guy

• “He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes;
    he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever”

"When an ordinary man attains knowledge, he is a sage; when a sage attains understanding, he is an ordinary man."

"In a mind clear as still water, even the waves, breaking, are reflecting its light."

"You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger."

"If you understand, things are just as they are,
    If you do not understand, things are just as they are..."

"A flower falls, even though we love it;
    and a weed grows, even though we do not love it."

“I am self-taught. In other words, God is my teacher.”

“Love. If we put others before ourselves, we are already abundantly rich.”

“Wisdom chooses the unknown to be its reason.”

“Many imitate limits, not unlimited potentials.”

“Miracle is a misunderstood reality.”

"Humility, makes men into angels.
    Pride, makes angels into demons."

• Thanks for those! Appreciate it 😊👍 i like all of those quotes

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real
    -Jaden Smith
    http://www.wannalol.com/PostImages/lrg/117662.jpg

Truly inspirational. A work of art.

• Oh god , my world , it's changed!

• @Illusive_Man Indeed. I truly could not see the world for what it was until based Jaden showed a path. He told me "Dying Is MainStream #MONEY" and I've never been the same since.

• 0|0
  • Better to be feared than loved. Niccolo Machiavelli

• I agree with that !

• On the flip side: The power is detested, and miserable the life, of him who wishes to be feared rather than to be loved. Cornelius Nepos

• I can live without love.. i don't care about being detested. So i'll take the first one

• " It is easy to be brave from a safe distance "
    Aesop

• Thanks! Good one and true

• Warren Buffett named 2 riles ro success:

Rule number 1: never lose money
    Rule number 2: never forget rule number one.

• Lol good one thanks! 👍

• "It's not about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit"
    -that's from Rocky Balboa
    "We are the ones we've been waiting for"
    - Barack Obama

• Thanks! I like those! 👍

• if you can reach it, you don't need it

- Lazy Person

• "Sometimes I get very lonely and drink too much" George clooney

• "No one drinks alone even when they are on their own"

• Lincoln Clay From Mafia III: Family isn’t who you’re born with, it’s who you die for

• "without Me you can do nothing" Jesus Christ talking about hte importance of Hiis grace.

• I have never read that in the Bible?

• Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing

• Ok thank you for that

• 0|0
    • Yeah i like that one too. It is so true. Thanks!

What Girls Said 5

• "Sometimes things fall apart so better things can fall together."
    -Marilyn Monroe

A famous saying that I came across one day 3 years ago when I was leaving Egypt to come back to the states. I had just married my husband out in Cairo and when I was getting ready the day before my journey to go back home, I came across This Most Amazing Quote I think I have ever read in my whole life. At First, I took it as something that was happening to him and me, for things had gone a bit sour while I was living there with him and his family for awhile, and I had thought: She meant this as my life and my life with him is going to come apart and I will find better."
    However, I see this Now in another pair of Roses glasses where this Rosy picture for me was with all the Breakingup and Makingup we have been doing for the past few years with me not going over for a long time because of all the problems in the Middle East that have worsened, we Finally Got it Right and now it is Better than ever because something bad had to fall apart so something Better could come About.
    Good luck, great saying and most amazing Post, sweetie, And... Shokran. xx

• I love Marilyn Monroe quotes and that one is so true. Thank you for sharing that story with me. I appreciate it 💙😊💐

• It's so sad... she was admired by many but she felt so alone. I think it is so sad when there is so many people who walk the earth , but yet it is so difficult to find love or even someone to trust... out of all those billions of people. 😖😭

• Yes, I agree, and what some people like herself who had to do so much and work so Hard for love.. However, in the end, the only man who ever really loved and respected her was Joe Dimagio, who left flowers at her grave once a week until the day he died... She can at least have rest assured that Someone really did love her for Her. xxoo

• 1|0
  • "That's always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people want to be around someone because they're pretty. It's like picking your breakfeast cereals based on color instead of taste." - John Green

• Productiveness within reason I dont know who said it

• “Both porn and religion distort a person’s perspectives on women.”
    ― Jesse Dangerously