If WW3 ever started, how do you think it begin?

I'm not too sure how it'd happen, but there are some clues.

North Korea could send a nuke missile over to the USA or possibly South Korea (which is protected by the US).

Russia could starting invading it's neighbouring countries like Ukraine, Bulgaria and Estonia to try and reclaim the Soviet Union.

The Islamic State's forces could continue to grow and it would invade other countries to add to its 'Caliphate'?

What ways do you guys think WW3 could start?

Most Helpful Girl

• ISIS will do something. And the rain of fire and hell will come down and that'll be that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Terrorism in the Middle East as well as the rise of oil prices will cause unrest in that region. Governments may collapse and the supply of oil to the rest of the word will be hampered. This will create the need to get oil and gas elsewhere. For Europe that would be Russia. And as a result, Russia gains a slow therm profit from increased European interest in their resources. But the same goes to the ever expanding China as well who will seek to solidify relations with the bear. Russia will be flexing it's muscle even more with it's neighbors and the worst thing that will happen is that Europe won't be able to do much because they don't want to freeze in the winter.
    China's economy is based on expansion and growth without taking note of the resources they consume - just like Imperial Japan before them. And they will soon face the problems of lacking resources and manpower (aging population) and thus will want to expand (jut like IJ). Their immediate target would be Taiwan and the South China Sea - both lie within the US sphere of interests.
    Due to the worsening global economic situation, immigration will be an issue for Europe's southern nations that will begin to stagnate economically. A result of this might be a more solidified EU... maybe even an EF by the Western European governments so that they could handle the situation. This displacement of people will create even more unrest and terrorism.
    Eventually there will be the spark somewhere like in WW1 that will make everyone jump the war train. China will invade Taiwan, Best Korea will invade South Korea, South and Central America's will be dealing the drug cartels, Russia might try for something as well, India and Pakistan will go nuclear, Iran and Saudi Arabia go to war, ISIS takes over the fertile crescent and then goes for Saudi Arabia since Mecca is there, Israle and ISIS face each other head on, Africa becomes even more fucked, Europe goes nationalist and says "f u" to the immigrants but it's doubtful they will fight with Russia. In fact the two will be at relative peace, maybe a coldwar. The US either collapses or becomes isolationist because the dollar is intertwined with the global oil supply and abroad spending - both of which will stop as everybody will be fucking everybody.

Canada and Australia will be all like "eh? wot happening m8?"

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 14

• I can't imagine any world war scenario. Modern wars are too fast and destructive now. The only reason wars linger for any length of time now is

1) They aren't being seriously fought - like not all out war, which hasn't happened since WW2.

2) The war is basically over in a short time, and all the rest of the time is to stabilize the area and deal with any lingering resistance. Those things can last a long time, but it's hardly all out war.

3) This really part of the second one. Modern war is so highly targeted and massively destructive, that destroying traditional military targets, communications, supplies and things like that happens very quickly. I don't think there would even be time for it to seriously spread throughout the world. The idea of thousands of bombers making hundreds of runs to take out a few targets is a thing of the past.

4) MAD - mutually assured destruction. It might seem crazy but it actually works. If you look at super powers like the US, China and Russia, they would be crazy to attack each other. I see it as a clear case of "home field advantage". With those three countries, any serious attack on one of the others gives the attacker a very serious disadvantage. A land war between Russia and China could be on semi-neutral ground, but if it got serious it would get ugly as hell, and they both know it. Plus, why would they?

Regional wars, yes. But I can't see true world wars, not in the world as it currently exists. Although the chances are slim, I could see a couple of the super powers going at it - but it would be something regional and probably short lived.

The only way I could see an extended global war is if the countries involved were fairly evenly divided. I don't see a scenario of that happening. That would take an intentional and cooperative effort on the part of too many countries to do it. Could you really picture 50-100 countries on each side cooperatively deciding to destroy each other? I just don't see that.

• Republicans. :P

I'm not sure. I think (and desperately hope) it won't happen in my life time. A World War would involve the major, nuclear powers and would either destroy the world or most of it. I imagine in the future, people will invent a defence against nuclear weapons and at that point, everyone would be fair game again. In WW1, the defenders had the advantage because machine guns dominated. In WW2, the attackers held the advantage because the tank was dominant. Since then, diplomats have been key (see Cold War crises) because nuclear weapins would have destroyed everyone so no one wanted war. It was a stalemate and has been ever since. The next World War will be shaped by whatever technology enables it.

Of course I could be wrong and some mad man (e. g. Putin, Kim Jong Un, Sepp Blatter) could start the apocalypse before then.

• I can't know exactly how, but I guess it'd start in the Middle East or in Eastern Europe. I just hope Brazil doesn't decide to join or I'm pretty sure I'd die.

• I hope it never happens.

• Probably by Americans attacking a country and denying it and then using propaganda to brainwash Americans into making it seem like that other country attacked them first just like 9/11.

• USA or Israel will initiate another false flag attack and blame Iran. Russia will intervene. USA declares WW3 and we're all fucked.

• well their is a lot of ways starting a new WW one is this and the most posible
    When North korea will declare war to south korea. Because USA will help south korea while in the other hand Russia will help north then china will come in then russia and usa will go their to then ukraine will declare war to russia cause russia is aways within iraq iran all countries will start war cause of north korea attacking south korea

• All is possible but the terrorists isis or whatever aren't that strong to invade a country they took countries who don't got army like Syria and Iraq but they didn't take Egypt for example but I think it would be russia and America

• America will tick off the wrong people.

• It will start of resources. I'd gamble on fresh water or oil...

• Over the water or fuel..

• Well since America helped create the Isis I'd say they'd have a hand in ww3!

• A mixture of Russian influences in the Middle East will be the cause.

• The Iranians will start it by bombing Israel.